Author Topic: Cheap? You don't know cheap!  (Read 2846 times)

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Cheap? You don't know cheap!
« on: June 17, 2017, 06:06:31 pm »
My faithful truck had the starter give on on me out in a bee yard. Funny that, it was less than 2 years old but over the 1 year warranty! >:(
Anyway, off to my favourite garage where they treat me like a king. I had to take a pic of one of the mechanics (Paul) glasses he set down on my truck. I took the pic to the garage manager (Garth) and told him he should give Paul a raise so he could afford a new pair.  :laugh:
These guy are the best (and affordable too). I've said it before and I'll say it again, a business is great when you don't mind spending money there, and I stop in plenty of times just to buy a soda and yarn, I always leave laughing. :)

"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline Wandering Man

• Gold Member
    • Life Lessons from dogs, bees and others
Re: Cheap? You don't know cheap!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 08:21:17 pm »
But, if he gives him a raise, he'll have to charge you more for repairs!
Never argue with drunks or crazy people

Offline CBT

• Gold Member
  • Age gets better with wine
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 08:56:43 pm »
Do ya tell them when you leave see ya again boys. Like the old muffler commercial.

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 09:07:22 pm »
These are people I trust. Last year I made an appointment for something and when I went to pick up the truck Paul said "when I backed the truck off the hoist I noticed the brake peddle was soft and went close to the floor". He had a few extra minutes so he put it back up on the hoist and checked my brakes. He replaced the front pads and rear shoes on his own volition and hoped I wouldn't be upset. I told him I appreciated it, I had noticed the pedal was getting soft, and he saved me having to make another appointment to have the brakes done. It cost an extra $100.
Sometimes it takes a long while to find a garage, shop, plumber, electrician, whatever, that you can trust and know they won't take you for an expensive ride.
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 09:12:15 pm »
...I had noticed the pedal was getting soft...It cost an extra $100...
A hundred dollars well spent!
Lee_Burough

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 08:09:25 pm »
Once upon a time...  I caught a mechanic squirting a ladies shocks with penetrating oil so he could sell her new shocks...   It took two other mechanics and the manager to pull me off him...   When the manager heard my story he gave me a raise and fired the other guy.  I have a LOT of good stories and memories from that shop.
  It makes me sad that some people find it easy to be so dishonest...

Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 11:43:21 pm »
A friend of mine quit his job the first week, he worked in the service dept. of a big change store, i ask him what happened? He said he was changing oil on a car when the shop foreman came down in the pit with him and said, when your doing a job like this and you can't find something else that needs fixing on the vehicle your not doing your job. He said your right, i'm not doing this job, and left. LOL