Beekeeping > TBH, Warre, and Other Alternative Hives

Slovenian Hives

(1/4) > >>

Papakeith:
I guess they are also known as AZ hives.
Anyone running them?
Maybe more importantly, does anyone have any usable plans for making them? 
I've been thinking more and more that this would be a worthwhile experiment.  Maybe this winter will be the one that I take the time to make up a few cabinets.

Jen:

Hi Keith  :)  You mean like this?

apisbees:
Here is a link
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx7DrOGMiXtlYzZTM3YtczNudjQ
Pdf is attached. no it is not Attachment is to large. have to use link
Not the best but does have some measurements on it

But why? Build a hive house like Pete had up in Williams Lake and use langstroth's.
The size would vary depending on the type of frames being used. Not to bad in North America but in Europe there is a lot of different hive\frame sizes

Papakeith:

--- Quote from: apisbees on June 01, 2016, 01:27:29 pm ---But why? Build a hive house like Pete had up in Williams Lake and use langstroth's.

--- End quote ---
I didn't know that Pete up in Willams Lake had built something.  I'll look at anything to get more ideas to work with.

My main goal would be to build something that didn't require the lifting a langstroth does.

apisbees:
In Europe the farms are small in size compared to over here so there crops are more diverse and smaller. They collect and market a lot of their honey as a specialty flower source honey so because of this, they are pulling frames and extracting them as the flows progress. In North America with some of the intense flows we can get, A single honey super is not adequate space for the collecting, ripening, condensing and consolidating of the honey crop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version