Author Topic: The worst July 4th I have ever had.  (Read 2265 times)

Offline Alleyyooper

The worst July 4th I have ever had.
« on: July 08, 2019, 06:51:51 am »
Back in 1968 I was in a reltive safe area so got to see real fireworks for a change.

This year I wake up haveing to attend to an appointment on Monday July 1st. We ate breakfast out and I felt some twinges of pain in my right chest area. Just shrugged it off and contiuned the day working around the place as usual.

Tuesday Morning I woke as usual way earlier than I need to but it is normal I set and drink a couple cups of tea then at 6:00 AM I go out and let my pups out so they can be inside or out side and with the heat.
They really enjoy being out side early.

Again I am feeling some pains in my chest left side this time and it is really hurting to breath. Kare wakes up and I tell her I need a Ride to the Hospitals ER it really hurts to breath.

At the hospital words like chest pains trumps any one else in getting care NOW. I am sat in a wheel chair and wheeled to a room given an asprin and glycerin pill, Blood Pressure is taken and a portable exray machine is brought in to shoot a few exrays.

The  nurse is left with Kare and I to put in an IV and to draw large amounts of blood I felt.
Doctor came in again and said they are going to admit me to the hospital as they have not seen a lot and want me to rest and do a stress test in the morning.

I am shipped off to the second floor and a over night bed. I had hardly been there long enought to breath in the rooms air when they said some one was coming for me to do a CCA scan.
Soon a fellow shows uo with a wheel chair and carts me off. The IV put in at the ER isn't big enough for their die to flow thru so a second IV is added to my left arm.
Once they have finished with me ai am wheeled back to the room, Now it just the normal stuff that happens to a person in the hospital happens.

A doctor  stops by and talks at me, I do Not care for him at all he can't look me in the eye at all. He kept shifting his eyes every time I attemped to make eye contact with him.
The Nurse tells me not to mind him as he is like that with every one. Nurse is great I had not had any thiung to eat except at home, she asked and rounded me up a Turkey sandwich, a couple cookies, carton of milk and can of soda. Soon she stops by and says her shift is ending do I want or need any thing befroe she leaves.

The New night shift nurse is also nice getting me any thing i ask for. at 2:00 AM she stops to check on me and finds me away yet and asked if I ever sleep.
I finally do drop off to sleep at around 3:00 PM but am awake again by 4:30 AM

The first shift nurse comes on at 7:30 AM and tells me breakfast will be there soon and gives me a cup of coffee that isn't DECAF. She had heard me upset at onhly getting DECALF from the hospital.
She also tells me I am not going to be doing any stress test and a different doctor will stop by and talk to me.

The CCA done the evening before reveled a bad case of Emphozima. Possiable what is causeing my pains.
Doctor comes and talks to me, I like him and will see him soon. I am released shortly after noon. Must follow up with my own doctor and the Emphozima Doctor.

Thursday I feel fine at home still have the chest pains but they are not caused by a bad heart I  have been told.
I am still sleeping all the time and feel awful.

I am not sure what is wrong with me but i have been off my feed.

:D       Al

your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: The worst July 4th I have ever had.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 07:20:08 am »
Emphozima, also known as COPD. My pulmonary doctor says it's mostly my heart. My heart doctor says it's mostly my COPD. Together, I have to stop and gasp for breath between fastening one shoe and the other. Hopefully, they can help you before it gets that bad,

Her's wishing you luck with the follow up visits.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 09:33:28 am »
Alleyyooper and iddee, I am sorry to hear about this.  I wish both of you the best.

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 08:16:05 am »
Here's hoping you get better, Alley.  :)
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 04:17:01 pm »
Only the heart is OK, still dealing with some thin. Went to the family doctor Monday had a temp of 99F, she scribed anti bodies for penmonia just to be on the safe side.

Also still coughing up big green goobers.

Have an appointment with a pulmonary doctor Thursday.

I am getting tired of the pains in my cheast, freezeing to death in 80F plus temps and sweating buckets when it is in the 60F plus.

I don't get sick often but when I do it is a doozy it seems.

:D       Al
I have work to do and can't keep laying on my fat back side.

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 09:06:35 am »
Getting a pet scan today if my blood sugar is in the right ranges.
Of course they do not help with that any either.
Eat nothing but protien till 10:00 AM then notheing till after the test is finished around 4:00PM.

I am guessing it all boils down to th edie they inject into you.

Hope this finishes this mess up.

:D    Al

Offline Les

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 01:04:11 pm »
Sorry to hear your lungs are giving you a hard time.  I hope the docs can help find some relief from your discomfort.  I am asthmatic and with this heat wave and high humidity just to go outside for a few minutes makes it difficult to breath so I have an inkling of what you are experiencing.  On the lighter side, in the future you will have to make sure you are upwind from the smoker from now on!

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 03:53:46 pm »
On the lighter side, in the future you will have to make sure you are upwind from the smoker from now on!

Here! Here!  And smokers just don't seem to get it!

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2019, 05:10:32 pm »
I FIND OUT THE RESULTS OF ALL MY TEST on August 8th.

:D     Al

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 10:01:04 am »
I'm thinking about you, Al.  Best wishes!

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 05:16:06 pm »
Pet scan results and breathing test results all today.

Breathing 2 points below normal.

Pet scan showed a dark area in the upper lob of one lung, not likely to be cancer. Probably wood chips from my shredding and chipping with out a mask.

Getting a ct scan soon and will see doctor in 3 months.

:D  Al

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 07:40:06 pm »
Sounds promising. Hoping for the best.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 08:47:06 pm »
Thanks I am motoring just fine.

:D     Al