Beekeeping > Swarms, Cut Outs, Trap Outs and Bee Trees

How to do a trap out

<< < (2/12) > >>

LazyBkpr:
No, didnt write it you SAID it...    Everyone watching talks about using a frame of BROOD, while you SAID frame of eggs, so I talked about the frame of brood... Didnt want to ruin a perfect record.   ;D

iddee:
A frame of eggs means success. A frame of brood may mean failure.

tbonekel:
Yes, eggs. I did a trap out last summer. I put a frame of eggs and some brood in the trap. It didn't take long for the bees to start making some queen cells. It was awesome! I still have that hive sitting outside. I may end up getting a new queen though.  These girls are not that nice.

riverbee:
 "I may end up getting a new queen though.  These girls are not that nice."

i would wait tb, and not be quick to requeen that hive; wait to see how she does, how the hive does. sometimes the hotter hives are the best producers.  if it's too hot, unworkable, or you don't care for it, or other reason, a different story.  just my HO.

tbonekel:
Yes, I will wait. I'm a procrastinator by trade. I got that hive in July of last year so they really haven't had a chance to prove themselves yet. I'm looking forward to see what the queen does. And speaking of procrastination, I have some frames I need to put together. Eh, I will do it tomorrow.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version