Author Topic: NS keeps - Extractor for sale.  (Read 5508 times)

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: NS keeps - Extractor for sale.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 11:14:17 pm »
That was one of the nicer 4 frame extractors built. It has the basket cage expanded metal so it supports the comb better with less chance of the comb blowing out. Even if the frames are poorly wired or not wired at all.
it has flip baskets so the frames do not need to be lifted out to extract the second side and flipped to the first side to extract the remaining honey. They are a quick extractor for cleaning the honey out of the frame.
Extracting with one of these extractors would go ,once you had the first 4 frames in it turn it on and uncap the next frame. Hang the frame on rack turn off the extractor let ot stop swing the baskets 90 deg, start the extractor again and spin the 2nd side clean. the lenth of time it takes to extract 2 more frames and hang them in the rack. Turn the extractor back off, flip the frames back to the first side turn it on and uncap the last frame for the next 4 frame load.
The only thing I would question is whether the brake disk has asbestos in it as most break disk materials have. I just would not use the break.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 06:48:00 am »
Like Apis has explained, I have seen one of these in action and they do the job fast. It may only do 4 frames at a time but it does them quickly.
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 05:00:30 pm »
If it was just a bit closer........... ;-)
Lee_Burough

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 07:03:59 pm »
I would call and see if he would be willing to screw it down onto a pallet and get a truck to come by and pick it up sending money his way, there are lots of ways to do this.

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 07:22:32 pm »
If it was just a bit closer........... ;-)
Offer $300, and by the time you factor in your dollar verses ours right now....... :D
Forum Supporter

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 01:35:28 am »
It's in Canada so check out taxes, duties, broker fees, and you pay for trucking twice once to the border and from the border to your place. I could ship from my place to the boarder for $20 from the border to your place for $15 for a total of $35 but to ship from my door to yours would be $75. Just check out all the costs before committing to ship things across the border or you may get a surprise.