Sustainable Living > Recipes Using Honey

Honey Lozenges

(1/4) > >>

riverbee:
anyone have a recipe for making their own honey lozenges for coughs and sore throats?  i have seen some on the interweb, and wondered if anyone has tried making their own.

last few days, i have received a number of phone calls for orders of honey for colds and sore throats, etc.  last night i received 3 phone calls.  couldn't fill the orders, was not feeling well myself. but thought, i might try making some lozenges.  i like the hall's honey lemon drops, but the light bulb went on about making my own.

anyone with a recipe?

Finally Home:
We do the Amish way.  Spoonful of honey sprinkled with Cayenne pepper for sore throats.  Wouldn't mind finding out how to make that into a lozenger.  Will be watching to see what comes along.

Crofter:
Riverbee, here is the Wiki link to Fishermans Friend.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisherman%27s_Friend   Some ideas about ingredients. My wife waves me away when I pop one in; says they make her eyes water!  Fishermansfriend.com

riverbee:
......... :D

thanks crofter!  i have never seen those.  was researching some recipies on the net earlier today.  i am thinking this would be another avenue of tinkering in the winter, along with the lip balm.  i have customers that would probably buy some 'honey lozenges' along with honey during the winter months.

fh......cayenne pepper? i think i would be upping the sneezing.......?!..... :D
never tried that!

Finally Home:
You're supposed to swallow it, not sniff it  :o   I understand but never had any problem with that.  I only sprinkle enough to lightly coat the honey (though I could handle a spoonful of cayenne itself :) )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version