Beekeeping > Beekeeping 101

Packaged bees and the bee bus

(1/1)

Bakersdozen:
Has anyone else had experience with the new packaging used to deliver package bees?  It's called a Bee Bus.  They are white plastic and I really like them.  A friend who supplies packages in our area called me to say he had extra packages and did I want some.  I took one.  I don't know if it was the packaging or the source of the bees, but there were only about 10 dead bees in there, the can of food came out so easy, and the queen rides in a special little cubby hole where the bees can reach her and the beekeeper can remove her without disturbing the cluster.  There are spacers built into the box so spacing in between boxes is provided.  No more sawing strips of lath to remove a single box. They are so easy and recyclable.
Here is a link to the manufacturer. https://bee-pros.com/beeBus.html

iddee:
Yep. We have been using them for 4 or 5 years now. They work really nice.

Zweefer:
I too have been getting my packages this way for a while.. the only complaint I have is sometimes they are a pain to slide apart (ours are attached together in groups of 4 or 5…)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

iddee:
You may get them this year in the old style screen boxes. We did. They said the buses are made in china and aren't available this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version