Sustainable Living > Recipes Using Honey

Dehydrated Honey

(1/2) > >>

Bakersdozen:
Has anyone heard of or used dehydrated honey?  I worked the state beekeeping organization's booth at the state fair this weekend.  A customer asked if we had dehydrated honey.  He sells a seafood rub that uses dehydrated honey.  His distributor is currently out.  He said his rub is especially good on salmon and I thought that sounded really good!  I got his email address as he doesn't have a website. I'm going to check this out.

The15thMember:
I've heard of it in context of prepping, where I usually make fun of it because it's totally unnecessary to do anything to honey to store it long term.  I can see it being good in a dry rub though, that's an interesting application.  I'd think you'd need a pretty strong dehydrator to pull the water out of something as viscous as honey.  I wonder if you could freeze dry it. . . . 

Jen:
Just send your honey to California  8) I'll take off all the lids, set it out in my back yard for a week, send it back in a fine powder with a little ash in it to boot. Badda Bing Baby!  :D

Bakersdozen:
Jen,  :D

15th, I did some searching online after I posted this.  A beekeeping website said a dehydrator could get the job done in 24-48 hours.  You could also do it in the oven but you run this risk of overheating the honey.

iddee:
https://worldwidebeekeeping.com/forum/index.php?topic=3183.msg43607#msg43607

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version