Beekeeping > Products Of The Hive

Propolis honey

(1/7) > >>

tedh:
Hey Everyone,
Anyone have an idea how this is made?  Bjorn propolis honey from Colorado is the only one I've found.  Thanks, ted

tedh:
Reading a bit more it I see they use a 70% propolis "extract".  Mix with a small amount of honey then mix that into your jar of honey.  A gal that buys honey from us was asking about it.  Ted

Jen:
Hi Ted, it's a rather loose question.

Small amount of honey? mix with a jar of honey?

I have made propolis tincture in the way past, and still use it when I need something to keep a wound closed so it can heal.

I'm not sure what the purpose is to put the propolis tincture into honey other than making the honey more of a healing product.

So what are we talkin hear? a few drops of propolis tincture into an 8 ounce jar perhaps?

The15thMember:
I've never seen anything like that product before, and I agree with Jen, I have more questions than answers about it.  Visually, it almost looks like it's creamed honey, so I guess it would be easy to just add some propolis tincture into the honey and mix it in as you were creaming it.  I don't like how little information I can find about it; the consumer should be more informed about what the product exactly is.  Especially because people are already confused about what exactly propolis is, we don't need people thinking it's a variety of honey!  :no:

Jen:
I have heard of people who put in a dropperful of propolis tincture in their first morning coffee/tea, alcohol based, and drink it right down.

I have also infused cbd hemp buds into honey in a pan on the stove. Like, one cup of honey and one tablespoon of hemp buds into the honey, then simmer for about an hour. You just have to make sure that the honey doesn't go over 50 degree fahrenheit, because then you loose the nutrition in the honey.

Ted, ya got me to thinkin! I wonder if we could heat up honey to no more than 50 fahrenheit, and drop in about a teaspoon or tablespoon of chunk propolis, stir stir stir. and maybe it would would melt into the honey that way.

I can't think of a more powerful healing agent than honey infused with propolis  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version