Author Topic: GA Aquarium (Plus Bonus Bee Store!)  (Read 1453 times)

Offline The15thMember

• Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
GA Aquarium (Plus Bonus Bee Store!)
« on: December 09, 2023, 05:44:36 pm »
My family took a trip to Atlanta this week to see the Georgia Aquarium.  It's the largest aquarium in the western hemisphere.  The facility covers 15 acres and contains 11 million gallons of water.  They are the only aquarium this side of the world to house whale sharks, manta rays, silver-tipped sharks, and a tiger shark.  They also have belugas, dolphins, sea otters, albino alligators, and many other interesting species.  We got a special package with the hotel we were staying at where if you purchased a ticket to the aquarium you'd get a second day free.  We were very happy to have the second day, since we were able to really take our time and observe the animals and talk to the staff, who were very friendly and informative.  Here are some of the hundreds of pictures we took. 

On the way there, we drove past the Blue Ridge Honey Company's store, which I had no idea was so close to me.  It's only a little over an hour from my house!  We stopped in on our way home.  Their prices were way better than the big bee store in Asheville, so I'll definitely be going back.  I bought a triangle escape board because I needed another one, a really cute T-shirt, and a little miniature hive made by a local craftsman from wood from old bee boxes.  I didn't have a chance to talk with him, but I actually saw Bob Binnie in there!  I watch his YouTube channel sometimes.  He walked by with an employee when we were checking out.

I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: GA Aquarium (Plus Bonus Bee Store!)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 06:40:30 pm »
Sounds like a great weekend!
The following users thanked this post: The15thMember