Author Topic: was anyone outside around 3 P.M. C.D.T. yesterday?  (Read 2304 times)

Offline rober

• Gold Member
was anyone outside around 3 P.M. C.D.T. yesterday?
« on: April 18, 2018, 08:38:16 am »
if so you might have heard me. I made sailors blush with the profanity. walking thru my shop I got tangled in a cord & stumbled. I didn't go down but as I regained my footing I kicked an open 1/2 full gallon of latex primer. my left leg from the knee down was coated & the can of course ended up on it's side. I went outside & hosed my jeans & NEW boots down & amazingly got all of the paint cleaned off. I then took 2 pieces of sheet metal & scooped the paint puddle into a 1 gallon bucket & ran it thru a paint filter twice & was able to salvage a 1/2 gallon of that expensive primer. when I get my power washer pump repaired i'll clean the trail of left boot prints off of the patio.

Offline Wandering Man

• Gold Member
    • Life Lessons from dogs, bees and others
Re: was anyone outside around 3 P.M. C.D.T. yesterday?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 09:47:19 am »
Oh, so that’s what all that racket was.

Might have been a good time to go ahead and paint the floor.
Never argue with drunks or crazy people

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 11:02:26 am »
AHHHA!   My wife called from Maine and yelled at me for swearing. I tried to tell her it wasn't me but she didn't believe me!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline rober

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 12:56:49 pm »
did you not read this??!! I did paint the floor!! :-\\ the best part an hour later a piece of wood kicked back in my table saw & jammed my thumb so i'll be left handed for at least a week.

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 10:16:14 pm »
I had a day like that a couple weeks ago.  Sorry to hear about your misfortunes, but at the same time I feel better to know I'm not the only one...   ;)
Lee_Burough

Offline rober

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 02:46:13 am »
hey it was just one of those days. by 6:00 it was kinda' amusing except for the sore thumb.

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 10:38:05 am »
hey it was just one of those days. by 6:00 it was kinda' amusing except for the sore thumb.
That comment says a lot about you rober.  Good things.  :)
Lee_Burough

Offline rober

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 10:59:04 am »
I helped a woman retile her bathroom floor. she had a claw foot tub. I lifted the back end of the tub while she positioned the tiles. when I did the same at the faucet end we discovered that whoever had plumbed the tub had barely gotten the supply lines into the faucet & they both came out spraying water everywhere. I turned the stops drenched & off laughing all the while. the woman started laughing too. I mean what else could you do. the woman then commented that her ex would have been throwing things. good example-on a commercial job a guy mis-cut a small piece of drywall, got P.O'd & threw it across the room & damaged ( it hit in the corner ) 3 14'sheets of 5/8" drywall which then all had to be replaced.

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 11:47:13 am »
At least you were aware of the accident.  Several years ago I found a spilled bucket of latex on my garage floor.  I was buried under something and went unnoticed so long that it had totally dried up.  My heart leaped to my throat when I saw it.  You probably know what happened.  I was able to peel that big glob of paint up because it had turned to rubber.   :-[

Offline rober

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 09:07:41 pm »
several times over the years I've poured some latex paint on a piece of plastic & hid it until it dried. then i'd wait for my boss to do his walkthrough before the clients did their final inspection. on one job in the French quarters we were working on a pair of 4 story condos that faced each other over a courtyard. each unit had 4 French doors opening to a balcony facing the courtyard. I opened all the doors so we could hear & laid a dried up can of paint on it's side right next to my dried up paint puddle. we heard the boss come in the gate & go into the unit when we heard holy *^#*^$##!! then silence then a loud ROBER. I have no idea why I came to mind.

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 09:39:38 am »
I have no idea why I came to mind.

:D
It's a good April fools day joke.