Author Topic: Apiculture Insurance  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Apiculture Insurance
« on: October 28, 2018, 12:17:59 pm »
At our state beekeeping meeting there were representatives from Silveus Insurance Group.  They did a presentation on how Apiculture Insurance works.  Anyone who was interested could take a few minutes to set with them, one on one, and go over the basics of how it works.  This is a Federal program. 

This page contains a video of how the program works.  https://www.silveuscropins.com/api/
The deadline to sign up is November 15.  The premium cost varies from location to location and the number of hives you want to insure.  There is no need to insure them all and it doesn't matter if they are in different counties.  Pay out checks are sent automatically.  No need to submit a claim.  The program is based much like crop insurance and is focused upon rainfall. 

I was hesitant at first, but met with a rep for a no pressure explanation of the program.  I saw some beekeepers, that I deeply respect, checking it out.  So, I was encouraged.
Sometimes I am leery of the Federal gov't knowing too much about what I am doing.  ;D