Beekeeping > Healing From The Hive

Oil Infusion

(1/2) > >>

The15thMember:
I made my first herbal infused oil today.  We love using our freeze dryer for herbs, and we just did our first batch of medicinal weeds, so I powdered some of them up and put them in olive oil to steep for several weeks.  Then I can make a salve from the oil by adding beeswax and a few other ingredients.  The recipe I'm copying is called "Woodworker's Salve" (another one from Petra Ahnert), and it's supposed to help pull splinters out of the skin.  The herbs are plantain, chickweed, rosemary, and comfrey.  All were homegrown/-foraged and freeze-dried except for the comfrey, which we are desperately trying to get our hands on.  I think my mom finally found some cuttings online and ordered them. 

Bakersdozen:
Keep us posted on your progress.  Which book of Petra's is that found in?

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Bakersdozen on April 15, 2023, 09:19:59 am ---Keep us posted on your progress.  Which book of Petra's is that found in?

--- End quote ---
It's on page 60 of Beeswax Alchemy. 

The15thMember:
Here is the completed salve.  We'll see how it works on splinters and cuts.  The recipe calls for bentonite clay, which I unfortunately forgot to get, and my sister is really in need of this salve right now so I decided to just omit it this time. 

Gypsi:
Will it have to be kept refrigerated? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version