Author Topic: Feeding Bees  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Feeding Bees
« on: December 31, 2013, 08:42:46 pm »
Would you admins and mods consider having a main topic (I don't know what you call them) like the ones highlighted in blue on the main page like 'Beekeeping 101',  named "Feeding Bees"? See this is a huge subject, When to feed them, when not to feed them, what to feed them, what Not to feed them. Where to get the different kinds of bee foods. What is a feeding station? What you can make at home. Recipes.

When ever I need to re-lookup someones suggestion on feeding bees, I have to go thru many 'new topics' to find who and when it was posted. Takes up a lot of time. I think the subject is vast enough to have it's own stage personally  8)
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: Feeding Bees
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 08:50:47 pm »
What will you do when there are 300 topics and 1100 posts under that category?
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 11:25:34 pm »
Um... Well...  wouldn't it be easier to find feeding info under Feeding Bees, other than searching thru General Beekeepin, Beekeeping 101, Pest and Management or whatever? When I want to go back and find posts on feeding I have to search all over the place, takes up a lot of time, repeating myself sorry.

OR! you could try it and take a pole to see if the rest like it... just a thought, just a thought...

I feel like I'm standing in front of the Wizard of Oz twirling the end of my grey locks...

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 11:34:44 pm »
Just under the date in the upper right corner there is a search block. Type in feeding, spring feeding, or winter feeding, and see what you get. I'm not saying no, just looking for the need.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 11:51:55 pm »
OH! Okay Cool! thanks I'll give it a whirl

And A Great New Year to ya Iddee  8)

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 11:57:26 pm »
A couple of days ago I mentioned that the tool bar isn't working for me, and the search box isn't either. You gave me some instruction on how to re-boot for this problem. Would you mind re-iterating that for me... Thank you  8)

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 12:04:11 am »
Close your browser. Then reopen it. If you are using internet explorer, look at Mozilla firefox. It is free and ten times better than IE.
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 12:04:59 am »
Thanks!