Author Topic: Not so smart!  (Read 8511 times)

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Not so smart!
« on: November 19, 2015, 04:18:52 pm »
OK, so my flip phone developed trouble and I was eligible for a new one anyway cause of my contract, so I went with the first step in smart phones, really basic. I have already received 2 messages asking me about the customer service I got and after trying to respond 3 times and failing, I just deleted everything. :D
I should probably have gone for the dumb phone! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: Not so smart!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 06:47:25 pm »
Ahhh Perry, I'm avoiding the smart phone like the plague. I have a dumb phone but not the dumbest phone  :D  I'm trying like the dickens to not turn into those out there with their heads down constantly. Us massage therapists are getting A Lot of neck business  ;D
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Gypsi

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 09:41:21 pm »
I like my Lumia 640, bought it a memory card for photos, fairly easy, only cussed for a week

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 09:49:31 pm »
............. :D

lol, don't own a smart phone, or any phone..........but the mr has the latest samsung blah blah blah galaxy?
he just got a new truck, (gmc sierra all 'tricked out'........for sure not driving that thing......... :D) and anything on that phone can be displayed in the new trucks electronics (screen) via blue tooth.........simply SCARY......... :D
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 10:50:53 pm »
made my living in electronics for 40 years-now that I'm retired I'm as low tech as I can be and loving it.
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 11:44:38 pm »
Hey Riv, my hubby now owns a GMC Sierra as well, whistles and bells. I gotta confess it sure is a nice ride, and I love that the seat heats up my fanny. But truth be told I like my 2002 Ford F150 4x4. And further back the 1969 International Scout that I drove with the top off and the doors absent and pregnant as all get out. Now those were the days  ;D 8)

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 11:49:02 pm »
Hey Riv, my hubby now owns a GMC Sierra as well, whistles and bells. I gotta confess it sure is a nice ride, and I love that the seat heats up my fanny. But truth be told I like my 2002 Ford F150 4x4. And further back the 1969 International Scout that I drove with the top off and the doors absent and pregnant as all get out. Now those were the days  ;D 8)

My kind of woman-my wife and you would get along great. She still speaks of her old 78 Ford 3/4 ton 4x4 like a lot of women talk about n old beau who got away! :laugh:
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline Michelle

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 08:23:52 am »
when I got my smart phone I didn't know how to answer the ringing phone! LOL swipe to the right! LOL I kept on touching the answer circle, that was so frustrating!
“One can no more approach people without love than one can approach bees without care. Such is the quality of bees...”
― Leo Tolstoy

Gypsi

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 10:51:37 am »
i owned a samsung Galaxy S3 for 28 days a couple of years ago and managed NOT to throw it out the truck window, I returned it for a non-smart phone.  I now have an android tablet which I am learning to use, since I do not rely on the darned thing for a phone.  Which is good because it is swipe crazy and I only use it for Facebook.  keeps FB off my phone.

But my windows phone is not like the galaxy. It does have some swiping but there is a phone "button" touchscreen I'll grant you, and it is fairly easy to operate.  Swiping is limited to changing screens from basic menu to app / program list, to other windows left dangling in outer space (where they do no harm at all)

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 11:32:45 am »
One of theses days (probably already now?) they will have camera's inside cars and trucks that companies and families can tune in and see what is going on,( they already have phones) or what has happened in there vehicles at any given time from there home or office 8) I can see some good in it, like seeing where they are, if they got there safe, and if there doing there job, ect.I can see many bad things though, like the wife knowing where i went instead of where i said i was  :no:, or if you were a teenager on a date, why would you push a button to warm your girl friends fanny up, if you knew bouth parents were watching :o Nope i like the old days.Jack :laugh: :laugh:
PS, i had a GMC Sierra for about a year, it liked gas stations better than me, couldn't pass one up. >:(

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 12:53:21 pm »
"or if you were a teenager on a date, why would you push a button to warm your girl friends fanny up,"

Soooo Jack? Why do you have to be a 'teenager' to warm your girlfriends fanny up?  ;) :-[ 

But seriously, these achey hips like a warmed seat in the winter, specially on long journeys, which could be just one hour.

Or, when it comes to figuring out the sound system in hubby's GMC Sierra.... Now that is a big pain in the fanny!  :yes:

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2015, 05:44:28 pm »
I have pretty serious arthritis in my lower back, and the seat warmer provides me comfort on trips, long and short.

My phone is a iPhone 6-plus.  It is much smarter than I am. 

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 06:22:46 pm »
"I have pretty serious arthritis in my lower back, and the seat warmer provides me comfort on trips, long and short."

Me to Lazy.. I sure get out of the truck easier with a warmed up fanny and low back  ;)

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2015, 07:02:10 pm »
You can have your 75,000 dollar butt warmer. A couple bee stings relieve my back pains. I'll also keep my waterproof, no contract flip phone.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2015, 07:30:16 pm »
Yeah? YEAH? Well Mr. Wizard I use bees for pain too! What are you gonna do in the winter when the bees won't come out for your back pains? Hu? Yah! See?

kisshugpatpatpat  ;) 8)

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 07:34:21 pm »
I don't live in the mountains, Jaybird. We can find bees every week of the year.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 07:36:40 pm »
Oh yah.. That..  :P

Offline Les

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 07:55:07 am »
Santa gave me an IPhone 6+ last Christmas and I love it.  It is great for those aging eyes due to it's size and I use it more than my regular laptop.  It takes a while to figure out the functions but you if you have issues, you can Google it and someone will have the answer for you.
Like Jen said, if you use the phone too much, you will develop physical issues.  Just like any area of the body that gets repetitive use.  So I try to not live and die by my phone.  Perry, just a hint, if you want to save your battery life make sure to close out any APPS that you have open.  If you don't, they are running in the background and chewing up your battery life.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 12:50:45 am »
"Hey Riv, my hubby now owns a GMC Sierra as well, whistles and bells. I gotta confess it sure is a nice ride, and I love that the seat heats up my fanny. But truth be told I like my 2002 Ford F150 4x4. And further back the 1969 International Scout that I drove with the top off and the doors absent and pregnant as all get out. Now those were the days  ;D 8)"

lol! some funny stuff and some funny posts!
the sierra has a fanny and back warmer, nice on the gimp hips in cold weather, well i guess in any weather....  :D
the electronics in this thing are incredible! 'pairs' with the smart phone, and the navigation screen....wow, technology!
and jack the sierra gets better gas mileage than my beloved jeep wrangler 2000..........took the back seat out of my jeep sometime ago to get another mile to the gallon.......... :D

the sierra is a nice ride jen, and QUIET.  i won't be driving it too much, except the 'navigation' screen is pretty big so i can see it without cheaters and the camera has lines on it and beepers to help me not back into or run over things i guess.......... :D the mirrors are getting smaller.

the scouts were cool!  have a friend who still has one!
i just took my jeep in to get my driver door fixed........ a 50 mph wind thing happening here recently blew the drivers door when i opened it to get out and snapped/tore off one of the screws on the bracket holding the the check strap on  and almost dented the front quarter panel.  ya know, there is nothing cheap or easy about getting a jeep fixed.............. :D :D :D
but i love the thing and wouldn't trade it for anything, even a new one!
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor