Author Topic: Any folks from Illinois know anything more about this...?  (Read 2502 times)

Offline CpnObvious

• My Photobucket Bee Album

Offline tbonekel

• Gold Member
Re: Any folks from Illinois know anything more about this...?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 01:27:43 pm »
Wow. Very interesting! Looking forward to seeing more information about this.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 02:11:46 pm »
I have read that elsewhere some time ago.  It all relates to monsanto and "money"being involved. It was apparently well organized and thought out before being executed..   This fellow will now either be ignored completely by Monsanto and the LAW, or Monsanto will pay him off to make him go away.
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Zulu

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 02:31:28 pm »
Its two years old guys and gals

Caused a big stink when it went down , but not seen any follow up story , big AG got their way AGAIN
Zulu's Bees

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 02:50:26 pm »
Please forgive my ignorance, but I need an explanation as to why resistance of bees to Roundup, a herbicide, should trouble Monsanto. 

Offline CpnObvious

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 02:57:05 pm »
Monsanto "discovered" and owns RoundUp:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glyphosate

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 03:00:16 pm »
Ef, i dont think it was resistance to roundup that was the worry, I believe it was what was happening to those bees, and brood etc that had been exposed to roundup that was Monsanto's concern.  I am of the oppinion that they (Monsanto) had no idea what the results would be, but were not willing to take chances, with the results as seen.
   i have not seen any problems. My fields, and nearby fields get roundup sprayed on them every year. BUT, that does not mean there is no future problems waiting to show up, and it certainly does not excuse what was done to this beekeeper..  I believe heads need to roll, and that jail time exceeding ten years for the person responsible would not be out of context.  Accepting a payoff from a big corp to do something illegal should mean the penalty when caught is ten times as bad.   AFAIK this was all ignored and went away, with the exception of beekeepers passing it about once in a while.  This fellow may have been paid off, and thats why it went away?
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline CpnObvious

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 03:11:52 pm »
I think this was posted elsewhere a while back, but I'll throw it in here, too (it mentions "Monsanto's RoundUp" directly):

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/05/15/new-harvard-study-proves-why-the-bees-are-all-disappearing/

Funny, though.  Even if you ignore the possible big money corp scandal/bribery and ignore the inspectors alleged ignorance and look directly at the "theft" of his hives and income...  In the beginning of the video he says that each hive made ~ $1700 worth of Ross-Rounds x how many hives?  Add that to the cost of all the equipment he had invested in and will have to replace...

I could be wrong, but isn't theft of over $2000 grand larceny or a federal offense (I'm not sure about the legalities of all that)...  But to remove it without a warrant would warrant it to be considered theft.  That should go to a filed police report.  In court it was admitted that the took it... BANG!  Not only do you have a suspect, but you have an admission as well... ON RECORD!

darn!  I should've been an investigator, or something :)