Author Topic: B C Beekeepers Conference.  (Read 3974 times)

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
B C Beekeepers Conference.
« on: June 30, 2017, 02:12:57 am »
The annual AGM and conference for the BCHPA Is being hosted by the North Okanagan division of the BC Honey Producers Association on October 27-28 & 29, along with the provincial conference the Canadian Honey Council and CAPA (Canadian Association of Professional Apiculturists) will also be meeting at the same time in Kelowna.
The Key speakers have been announced.
BeeBetter Kelowna 2017 – Speakers Announced

• BCHPA AGM 2107 Featured Speakers confirmed:  Randy Oliver – Scientific Beekeeping, Jerry Hayes, Beeologics, Monsanto, and Anicet Derochers, Api Culture Hautes Laurentides, Quebec.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Re: B C Beekeepers Conference.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 06:19:17 am »
I met Anicet Derochers at the local Acadia Theatre presentation of the documentary La reine malade (The Ailing Queen). He's the younger guy in the video.
It was an excellent program and he and Nova Scotia Bee Farmer got on stage afterwards and answered questions from the audience.
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 04:54:30 am »
It's now less than a week away. I think I am kind of ready for it!!! Maybe!!! So many last minute things that you do not expect or plan for. Have sent out Emails to as many meaderys across Canada that I could find. Did mutable searches from different angles to find the ones I did. I Know there are ones out there that I missed, but I did find more than 60, who knew there were that many? Have had good interest in the commercial mead competition so should have a good showing of mead. I can't wait to sample them all during judging, One of the perks of being honey and mead show coordinator. My address is a drop off \ shipping destination for the mead from meaderys to far away to attend. They look amazing.  The hotel will let us sample mead so we have 4 BC meaderys showcasing there products.
The lineup of speakers has been set and the list of speakers and talks are listed on the website. Should be a good event as we are at over 250 prepaid delegates. It looks like we will have close to 300 attending. We also lined up some generous donations to put in our live and silent auctions. A complete Flow Hive; bottom board, brood super, Flow super, Inner cover, and Top cover. I have to assemble it tomorrow. We also have a complete beginners hive kit; Bottom, super, inner cover,top cover, veil, hive tool, bee gloves, smoker. Every thing but the bees. The club bought a wine fridge and club members donated a bottle of local wine so it can be auctioned off stocked with 20+ bottles of Okanagan Wines inside. Another popular item is the gift certificates from the queen breeders association for queens that are being raised from the VHS breading program. The entry fee for entering the mead competition, is a second Bottle of mead. The winning best in show will be popular in the auction as well as any that place in the different category's.
Click on the link to check out the full convention program.
http://beebetterkelowna.ca

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 06:19:53 am »
Wish I was a lot closer. :)
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 11:00:52 pm »
apis, you will have to share how it went! i saw the list of speakers..........wow!

knowing you.......you were probably ready.....enjoy and report back!
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 01:17:20 am »
For the last few years the programs have been recorded and the slide presentations copied that companies the presentation. It takes a while but eventually the presentations get posted on the BC Honey Producers web pages.
for those who can not make it to beekeeper conferences in their own state or area. Here is a link to all the talks and slides at ours. http://bchoneyproducers.ca/members/education-day-speakers/
The following users thanked this post: Perry, riverbee, Bakersdozen