Author Topic: WWB to the rescue this is a lucky day  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
WWB to the rescue this is a lucky day
« on: July 27, 2017, 08:16:40 am »
Here is a good ending from a bad deal.  We had a rash of breakins here in oxford last week several vehicles was broken into and some vehicles as well as items was stolen.  My truck got hit they stole my garmin and a buck knife but didn't get a craftsman tool set in the back seat.  The next day I noticed my business planner for the shrine had also been taken.  It contained all my notes for the shrine along with $400 worth of unsold gun raffle tickets.  I  put a message out on FB asking for the return as it had items that could not be replaced. Now heres where it gets interesting Monday the Kansas highway patrol tried to pull over a car for speeding about 50 miles away. The car took off drove through a fence and straight to a home where the officer found a chop shop dismantling stolen cars. (the car he was driving was stolen.)  They discovered 1000's of stolen items in 3 houses and out buildings.  Laying next to one of the stolen cars was a business planner.  An officer picked it up and found one business  card for the shop with my name on it and called our small town PD asking if they had a beekeeper that was in the masonic shrine that happened to be missing a planner. Bingo they had tied in another jurisdiction in the case.  I went to the station yesterday to retrieve the planner which was like pulling teeth to get it released as it was evidence. Along the way I was wondering how they had tied in the beekeeping. all the raffle tickets was still in the planner along with a set of pen and pencils I had custom made.  They had stolen all my business cards to avoid the planner being id'd except for one that was mixed in with WWB cards wally had printed for the admin mod team for. It was them cards along with the one business card that opened up the case and was able to retrieve the planner.  The night it happened they arrest the 3 occupants of the house the next day they had arrest 16 people and counting coming to the salvage yard to sell stolen cars and other property. Every one of them a meth addict  Over 40 jurisdiction are now involved and they are saying it will take months to try to sort out the mess.  Had they not been in a hurry they would have got the truck as the keys was on the floorboard and as they was tearing through the front seat they got pushed under the console out of site.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Heavy-police-presence-outside-home-north-of-Wichita-436587153.html 
"no man ever stood so tall as one that  stoops to help a child"

Forum Supporter

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
Re: WWB to the rescue this is a lucky day
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 10:54:45 am »
Glad to read that Iddee still shows his positive influence within the forum's membership, in spite of his absence.
 :goodjob:
The following users thanked this post: Lburou

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 11:14:06 am »
WoW!  That is a tangled web you described, couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.  Glad that something went well in an otherwise bad deal.  Glad you are okay too.  :)
Lee_Burough

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 11:37:27 am »
Just goes to show, being a theif doesn't require smarts, just a lack of conscience and a little boldness. How dumb is heading straight to the lair while being chased!! Great ending for all involved. :)
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 11:56:00 am »
Karma baby, Karma! :yes: :yes:
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 02:04:13 pm »
Nice to hear you got your planer back. any news on your garmin and buck knife?
Not a smart thief. if you are going to rat out the rest of the gang, get arrested and make a plea deal to give up the rest of the operation. don't lead the cops right to the heart of the operation. He deserves his own episode on Dumb Criminals.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 02:36:39 pm »
Great story Rrat, and an interesting one to follow over the months. I sure do hope Wally hears from you on this  ;) 8)
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 06:55:10 pm »
Nice to hear you got your planer back. any news on your garmin and buck knife?
Not a smart thief. if you are going to rat out the rest of the gang, get arrested and make a plea deal to give up the rest of the operation. don't lead the cops right to the heart of the operation. He deserves his own episode on Dumb Criminals.
. They had found 5 garminss in first house still have the first house to finish plus 2 others none of the Garmin was mine.  If I do get it back it will be months there was thousands of tools and other items. Bad part is most of the stolen property will go unclaimed as the owners couldn't give serial numbers or enough information to prove it was theres
"no man ever stood so tall as one that  stoops to help a child"

Forum Supporter

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 06:40:48 am »
Happy that you were able to retrieve some of your belongings!  Even rural Kansas is not immune to crime.  Here is my sister's story:
My sister and family farms out by Michigan Valley, KS.  Riverrat, you know where that is.  Very early one morning a man drove past my sister's place headed to work.  He saw someone driving off with my sister's pick up truck.  He knew it was in the process of being stolen because it was being followed by his own daughter's pick up truck that had been stolen the week before.  While he followed the stolen trucks, he was calling 9-1-1.  The thieves realized they were being followed and headed down a dead end road.  The man in pursuit thought twice about getting caught on a dead end road with these yea-whos and reported the location.  The thieves had abandoned my sister's truck.  It was recovered and it's because of the man that just happened to be going to work.

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 01:15:39 pm »
. They had found 5 garminss in first house still have the first house to finish plus 2 others none of the Garmin was mine.  If I do get it back it will be months there was thousands of tools and other items. Bad part is most of the stolen property will go unclaimed as the owners couldn't give serial numbers or enough information to prove it was theres

If the owners have put in an insurance claim and have paid the deductible, most don't want the old stuff back when insurance will buy them the newest model. The Items should go to the insurance companies if they had replaced an item. I can just see it An insurance adjuster showing up at your door with an old beat up device informing you that they have recovered your old one and demanding the new item back so the could return it for a refund.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.