Author Topic: My New Wax Melter!!!  (Read 7322 times)

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Re: My New Wax Melter!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 07:18:06 am »
Wax is like gold here. Decent wax (if it's even for sale) fetches $11 a pound. I sell small amounts that way but am shying away from it.
I can pour 32 t-lights (1/2 ounce wax each) that I sell for $1.25 a piece! Why would I sell my wax for anything less?
Stick a wick in that wax and in many cases triple your value, or better!
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
Re: My New Wax Melter!!!
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2017, 12:22:12 am »
it is here too perry. anywhere between 9.50  and 12 usa dollars per pound or more, and really, good wax is hard to come by. also like you, i don't sell my wax. as you said, one can really  triple the value of wax in candle sales! even though i purchase wax, good wax, i can turn around and sell candles and make up for the cost in less than an hour or two in a day.  the only wax i will sell is, when i burn candles, there is a little wax leftover. i save the remnants. i throw it in a zippy. melt it back down, filter it, pour it in the 1 ounce molds and sell the 1 ounce bars for a buck or so for fixing squeaky things, woodworking and sporting goods uses etc............good use for recycled wax!
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor