Author Topic: Fountain Pen Day!  (Read 4027 times)

Offline Wandering Man

• Gold Member
    • Life Lessons from dogs, bees and others
Re: Fountain Pen Day!
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 08:17:33 am »
Fond memories
Talking about fountain pens inspired me to dig into my desk drawer and find the Parker fountain pen I used when I wrote to and courted my wife well over fifty years ago.  We lived in different cities and maintained contact through the mail--until we were married and no longer needed the written word to share our words. 
Truth be told, when I do, on occasion, have to write to her these days, it's a lot easier and more legible for me to type  it up and print it out.

But than again, the world has changed so radically in so many ways----who needs to write---you're only a cell phone call, an SMS or a Whats-App away.  Today, when we lose sight of each other in the super market,  it's a quick call that relocates our positions and gets us back together.

Be careful! Finding my old 1990’s Waterman in a drawer is what sucked me into my collection. I’d left the pen in the desk without cleaning it, and the nib had been eaten. My quest for a new nib led to multiple purchases of new and vintage fountain pens.
Never argue with drunks or crazy people