Author Topic: New Beekeepers Class Kansas  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
New Beekeepers Class Kansas
« on: February 03, 2019, 11:23:05 am »

Northeast Kansas Beekeepers Association is hosting a class for those interested in learning about beekeeping and honey bees. The class will be in two parts, March 3 & March 10. Guest speaker will be Dr. Juliana Rangel, Texas A & M. This event will be at the Douglas County Fairgrounds in Lawrence, KS.  For more information and to register go to www.NEKBA.org

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: New Beekeepers Class Kansas
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 04:05:56 pm »
Due to bad weather moving in, this class has been rescheduled.  The classes will be held on March 10 and March 17.  All other information remains the same.  Dr. Rangel will be speaking on March 10.

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: New Beekeepers Class Kansas
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 10:08:13 am »

This Tecumseh's boss, Dr. Juliana Rangel.  I had the pleasure of hearing her speak 3 days in a row.  When I asked her if she knew Tec (I used his real name) she smiled great big and asked how I knew him.  She informed me that Tec is the "go-to beekeeper" in the area.  He has a wonderful reputation and everyone in the Lab loves and appreciates Tec and his wife.
Dr. Rangel is quite impressive herself.  She is an excellent speaker, has current information, and obviously enjoys what she does.  She has beekeeping "street cred" too.  She studied under Tom Seeley.
Dr. Rangel presented the first two days for the Kansas Honey Producers.  She stayed and spoke to the local bee club's Beginning Beekeeping Class on day 3.