Author Topic: Painfull Sting Places  (Read 9313 times)

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: Painfull Sting Places
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 01:37:14 am »
Very Interesting! I can attest to the very top of the head, and the nostril. I don't give anyone a sting until I've tried it myself. The top of the head HURTS! and it makes you very spacey and dizzy kind of. I can't attest to the hot dog cause.. well.. I don't have one  :laugh:  But I'm sure the female side of the sting would be just as awful.
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 06:41:18 am »
I been stung in the nostril before, no fun, but the other day I believe I got stung right on top of the head while I was mowing near the hives. I have been stung on most places of my head (forehead, temples, cheeks, chin, etc.) but that one on top of my head pretty near dropped me to my knees it hurt so bad. I never did see a bee, but I'm not sure what else it may have been.
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 08:39:52 am »

Attempting to catch a swarm, that was no swarm....   I managed to get a WHOLE PILE of stings, and most were to the top of the head because I had my face covered..   My head felt like it was on fire for about an hour...

I am also going to say that getting stung on the inner thigh up "high" was THE new standard for bee sting pain for me. I am here to tell you I would rather get popped ANYWHERE but there..   I suppose, the nastiness of my rating may well have had to something to do with my beloved wife, my best friend and companion...   Giggling every time I whined....
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 08:53:46 am »
They all hurt, :o but some do hurt worse. With all the stings i've taken over almost 50 years of beekeeping my blood should be bee venom by now. :D I never holler out loud when stung, that's what they like to hear (i may cuss to myself :)) and i never kill one after they sting me, because i know they are dying a slow death.  :P Jack

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 08:56:51 am »
He didn't take one to the very outside of the eye, near the tear duct. That is the most pain a sting has ever given me.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 02:05:31 pm »
Perry- "I have been stung on most places of my head (forehead, temples, cheeks, chin, etc.) but that one on top of my head pretty near dropped me to my knees it hurt so bad.

No doubt, the top of the head, in my experiences either. I have a migraine bvt client that will take two stings on the top of the head to relieve a particularly bad migraine. She feels that less than an hour of pain to the top of the head is soo much better than 3 days of barfing and staying in bed with the windows covered in black sheets, and three days loss of work.

The top of the head is also used for depression, resulting in releasing huge amounts of serratonin, dopamine, and endorfins right on the spot.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 02:22:01 pm »
Scott- "Attempting to catch a swarm, that was no swarm....   I managed to get a WHOLE PILE of stings, and most were to the top of the head because I had my face covered..   My head felt like it was on fire for about an hour...

Yeozzer! I'm surprised you didn't have flu like symptoms with that one, vomiting and diarrhea!

Jack - "I never holler out loud when stung, that's what they like to hear (i may cuss to myself ) and i never kill one after they sting me, because i know they are dying a slow death.  Jack

I know right? I just get so annoyed when they sting me cause I have to say "Dagnabbit Girl! Don'tcha know you just killed yourself for cryin' out loud!

After I do bvt on myself I take the girls, now without stingers back to the hive and leave them on their porch. It's said that many bees can still live if they haven't lost their entrails with the stinger.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 02:27:39 pm »
I did Mrs. Jen..   That happened about 5 PM.. by 6 PM I was feeling fine, wife was still finding stingers in my head..  Went to bed, woke up just before 3 AM feeling nauseous..  went in bathroom... hung out about five minutes.. threw up, cold sweat shivering, threw up again...  felt better after that so went back to bed.  I felt fine in the morning.

*Sponsor*

Offline blueblood

• Gold Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/scottshoneyandlipbalms
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 03:20:37 pm »
sigh....I love my Ultra Breeze... 8)

Offline Bamabww

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 06:41:55 pm »
On top of the ear has been the most painful for me so far. Hope I never experience the "high inner thigh" area sting Scott was talking about.
Wayne

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 07:50:00 pm »
Scott- "I did Mrs. Jen..   That happened about 5 PM.. by 6 PM I was feeling fine, wife was still finding stingers in my head..

Yes, I remember your story now.

That's about right, I have a book called The Bible Of Bee Venom Therapy, with many testiments of flu like symptoms, and severe flu like symptoms after a hard hit with bees. I have heard of this reaction called the Healing Crisis, evidently it's a purging of toxins from the body that the venom has caused. It's actually a good thing, but quite frankly, I don't fully understand it.

After doing my first cut out, I had taken over a dozen stings that day. felt fine until I got out of bed the next morning, then it hit. I was calm about it, saying to thine self "Ah yes, I have read about this." A sit down visit in the bathroom and was back in bed for a few hours. Then I felt fine.

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 08:04:46 pm »
I must be the odd man out  ause i do not find bee stings painfull. It doesnt matter where i get stung I feel the sting go in, it takes 3 seconds for the pain to regester, the pain lastz for 15 seconds and wih in  minute the pain is all gone. I kind of like getting stung, or yhis is the reason i do nor take pecausions.against be stings. But even though not wearing a bee suit, veil,and gloves I don't get stung very often.

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk 2

Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 10:17:19 pm »
Apis, maybe you don't have any nerve endings ~  :D

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 11:21:43 pm »
LOL the venom has killed off his nerve endings over the years....

I dont usually feel the sting, but I DO feel the burn of the venom. Takes about five minutes for it to dumb down so I can forget about it.  No swelling, but itchy a couple days later.  Of course.. wearing shorts and getting stung high and tight.. I FELT that sting...   I never knew bees had stingers that could go THAT deep!

*Sponsor*

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 12:12:48 am »
I didn't either until I did a cut out when it was 105 outside, and I was wearing jeans... they were relentless, needless to say there was no arthritis near the baby maker for awhile

OMG Did I Say That!   :-[ ;)

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 08:00:16 pm »
oh... dont EVEN tell me I can get arthritis there?

*Sponsor*

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 10:11:10 pm »
I'm being very careful on how to phrase this.... hmmmmkay this is going to be fun  ;)

K, So... I've been to an anatomy class and been married for 37 years, and to my knowledge, and the last time I checked, there is no direct joint THERE! on men ~ have I got your attention?

However, because of the structure of the female pelvic floor, and the way it has to move apart.. to let the baby pass thru.. then the pelvic area can get arthritis THERE! on women. Still with me?

Believe it or not, there is acupuncture and bvt for pelvic pain and other female issues, THERE.

Need another rum and coke after that?  ;) 8)

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 10:21:36 pm »
..  On my way to get one!! Very relieved as well!

*Sponsor*

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 10:34:19 pm »
 ;)