Author Topic: What is your opinion of this?  (Read 4815 times)

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline RAST

Re: What is your opinion of this?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 08:41:15 pm »
A good way to disappoint some new beekeepers making it sound that simplistic. The author supposedly has 28 years experience and should know better.

Online Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 10:35:53 am »
Very over simplified and has been read 128,585 times.  That's a shame. That is setting up a lot of people for disappointment.  There is no mention of finding a local bee club, reading material, or finding a mentor. 

Offline The15thMember

• Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 01:10:40 pm »
Very over simplified and has been read 128,585 times.  That's a shame. That is setting up a lot of people for disappointment.  There is no mention of finding a local bee club, reading material, or finding a mentor. 
This is what struck me about it.  It might be helpful if you lived under a rock and didn't know what beekeeping even was, but there's really no concrete information here at all. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.