Author Topic: Peeps in the mail!  (Read 6703 times)

Offline Noronajo

Peeps in the mail!
« on: April 07, 2014, 01:31:48 pm »
My 16 baby chickies arrived at the P.O. early this morning- well, 16 I ordered plus 1 surprise one they send just for fun. It'll be interesting trying to figure out what he is once he gets bigger. All the rest are hens but I bet they threw in a roo I'll have to find a home for. I have 6 hens and 1 rooster that'll be 2 in August and I don't want another unless I kill Bob and keep the new guy. Bobs a sneak attacker and next time I have to take a board to him I'm gonna finish the job and make dumplings! These babies are adorable and I bet I spend as much time sitting on the utility room floor playing with 'em as my grandson. They zip, zip, zip around, then boink! They fall over asleep!

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: Peeps in the mail!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 01:39:45 pm »
Awww Noronajo, you are so funny! Thanks for the morning laugh  :D
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 03:37:34 pm »
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
   It's even funnier because I know exactly what you are talking about..
   We had a rooster that did that, and I was pretty upset with him. He got me twice, and both times got booted to the far corner of the shed..  the second time he layed in that corner for about half a day before he felt well enough to move about...      THEN he made the mistake of nailing my wife, and she had shorts on...
   I heard the yell, I ran, I heard the squaking, and saw the feathers flying... I sloooooooowly backed away and then hid for about an hour.. then I had to go bury the rooster...
   Then we got boots.   He has some NASTY spurs, but has NEVER used them.  I can even catch him and hold him..   like this rooster much better.
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 03:52:40 pm »
LOL
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline mamapoppybee

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 04:06:17 pm »
yes i do think a lil freezer camp will cure mr.bob of his sneek attack plus you'll be able to make a good chicken noodle. i have three roosters at the moment and when you let them range it can be quite the site in the yard. had some mean ones once and always had my pvc bat with me to get the eggs. i dont do mean at all so got sick of it and off with there heads.

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 05:05:06 pm »
i dont do mean at all so got sick of it and off with there heads.

WOW! if off with the head is not mean.....................You kin to Scott's wife?? LOL
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 06:37:43 pm »
LOL they were sisters in a former life.

*Sponsor*

Offline Slowmodem

• Gold Member
    • http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 08:43:40 pm »
yes i do think a lil freezer camp will cure mr.bob

ROFL  Freezer camp!   :laugh:
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN
Beekeeping at 26.4 kbs

Offline Noronajo

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 11:20:00 pm »
The only reason Bob's still got his head is he does a pretty fair job of looking after the girls but I do carry a big stick when I go in the yard. He started giving me the stink eye again today and I'm betting he'll try something tomorrow. So "Bye, bye , Bob- Hello, chicken noodles"! He's not 2- he won't even have to be boiled that long!

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 12:16:23 am »

Sounds yummy!

I love new roosters.  Their crow is often broken and crackly like a teenager when their voice changes.
  We have a young tomcat that lives in our woodshed.  I am not sure what happened, but I heard a commotion while setting cinder blocks for hives and looked up to see Tom streaking across the yard with Boots in hot pursuit..
   Tommy zipped through the narrow door opening and ol Boots took up residence waiting for him to come back out..  he fussed and flapped his wings and stalked back and forth until it was starting to get dark. The hens were all back in the coop, so I went over and picked him up and put him in as well so I could close it up for the night.  He ran right out to the pen and paced back and forth along the wire.. he was still doing that when I headed in for the evening...
   Dunno what Tommy did but it sure riled Boots.

*Sponsor*

Offline Beeboy

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 12:41:30 pm »
My 16 baby chickies arrived at the P.O. early this morning- well, 16 I ordered plus 1 surprise one they send just for fun. It'll be interesting trying to figure out what he is once he gets bigger. All the rest are hens but I bet they threw in a roo I'll have to find a home for. I have 6 hens and 1 rooster that'll be 2 in August and I don't want another unless I kill Bob and keep the new guy. Bobs a sneak attacker and next time I have to take a board to him I'm gonna finish the job and make dumplings! These babies are adorable and I bet I spend as much time sitting on the utility room floor playing with 'em as my grandson. They zip, zip, zip around, then boink! They fall over asleep!
  :laugh: