Author Topic: Men like this are sadly our last dwindling hope!  (Read 9533 times)

Offline Crofter

• ex pressure welder/steamfitter; now a tinker
  • Location: N. Ontario, On the shore of North Channel of Lake Huron 46.00 N. Lat.
Men like this are sadly our last dwindling hope!
« on: December 29, 2013, 12:53:19 pm »
Below is a link to an interview with Wendell Berry. O that there were more of his mentality at the helm of nations. I have read a lot of his work on man and his environment. Some very moving poetry too. He can take his place anytime with men like Suzuki for his enlightening views on where man is heading with his "senseless infatuation with progress"

http://billmoyers.com/segment/wendell-berry-on-his-hopes-for-humanity/
Frank

Offline DLMKA

Re: Men like this are sadly our last dwindling hope!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 02:52:46 pm »
As soon as I finish with woodenware assembly I'm going to do some reading. Wendell Berry is high on my list.

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 09:13:54 am »
It is a shame that folks with these ideals never make it into positions of authority where they can make immediate changes.
A wonderful man.
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline Crofter

• ex pressure welder/steamfitter; now a tinker
  • Location: N. Ontario, On the shore of North Channel of Lake Huron 46.00 N. Lat.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 09:34:59 am »
With our present political process, to get in charge you have to tell people what they want to hear. The truth would be too strong a medicine and most would merely spit it out. Collectively we are not hurting bad enough yet to take the medicine!
Frank