Beekeeping > TBH, Warre, and Other Alternative Hives

Tapco Hives

(1/2) > >>

Wandering Man:
Well, here’s another new idea on how to keep bees:

https://tapcomb.com/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=CL_WCA&utm_term=01&utm_content=Images-T1

Pre order now for a 40% discount - $400

moebees:
Thanks but I'll pass. ;D

riverbee:
wow.......flow hive.........tapcomb........what next?

not saying this to be negative, just saying the general public, who for some, get into keeping bees when they see this stuff and invest the money without knowledge is incredible.  i read the website and read their 'beekeeping 101'......

thanks wm for posting the link. i get asked about the flow hive. i steer those that ask (that have never kept bees) away from it. i think, in my HO, it takes experience to make these work. the general public, or those that have asked thinks you just put bees in these, turn the tap on, get honey.

moebees:
Excellent points riverbee.  There is allot of marketing hype going on and steering people in the wrong direction.  At my local Farm and Fleet they have a sign in front of the beekeeping supplies.  "The hobby that is easy and pays sweet dividends."

robo:

--- Quote from: riverbee on April 09, 2018, 11:47:29 pm --- i steer those that ask (that have never kept bees) away from it. i think, in my HO, it takes experience to make these work.

--- End quote ---

I totally agree and give the same advice.   I have nothing against the flow frames and yes they do work,  but there are just too many variables already for newbies to overcome and this just adds to it.

I recently spent 4 days with Michael Bush and did get to pick his brain on these as he was one of the early beta testers under NDA.   In addition to testing them in Nebraska,  he also went to Austalia as well.   I know there was a lot of nay sayers about the video of them tapping into the hive with open containers.  Michael confirmed that he witnessed the same thing in person and there was no issues with bees trying to rob.    What we fail to realize is that Australia has a continuous honey flow year round so robbing is not an issue.  We all know bees prefer nectar to honey.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version