Author Topic: Hello from North Carolina  (Read 7914 times)

Offline jb63

Re: Hello from North Carolina
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2015, 10:41:56 am »
Welcome chief.My advice is to keep some nuc boxes on hand.You may start seeing swarms that you drove right past before.Also learn how to post a digital pic on the forum so we can see what your talking about. Enjoy your stay.
I don't know.It was like that when I got here.

Offline Slowmodem

• Gold Member
    • http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2015, 10:51:24 pm »
Welcome Chief! Study the forum topics and a few books that I am sure you will find floating around on Amazon.com.  I started out with Beekeeping for Dummies.  It's a little outdated but the basic info is still solid. Although, we are dummies, ha!  Anyway, you can review the entire book at this link, hit the light blue "View" link at bottom of picture of book. http://free-onlineebooks.blogspot.com/2014/11/download-beekeeping-for-dummies-ebooks.html

I started with Beekeeping for Dummies, too.  Lots of good basics in there.

BTW, that's a great profile picture, Dave!
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN
Beekeeping at 26.4 kbs

Offline ChiefBee

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2015, 08:30:55 pm »
The bee school I attended last year used the book "Beekeeping for Dummies" as text and I found it useful. I'm now using "The Beekeeper's Bible". It is also helpful.  I would like to manage my bees organically as much as possible so listening to a few beekeeping podcast. A lot of different information out there if you look for it.  Thanks to all for the welcome.