Author Topic: The things you see when you don't have your camera  (Read 2892 times)

Offline barry42001

• Gold Member
The things you see when you don't have your camera
« on: October 11, 2017, 11:44:00 pm »
After my retirement from the post office and I started feeling a little better for my other medical conditions decided I would try to do my best to raise chickens for eggs I also experimented with hatching out chickens using an incubator downbeat that is you can't control with your going to get hens or roosters and I wound up with a few more roosters than I intend to have but I'll take care of that. The Story Goes Like This I got on to my riding tractor started mowing the backyard I didn't have my bee suit on didn't think I need it I didn't come closer than 20 feet to the hive. Quite the number of bees evidently decided that was far too close. They came after me by the time I had driven the lawn tractor about 34 yards away to the back of the house where I can Retreat to the sun porch I've been stung about 12 times. So I got myself some iced tea sat down on the sun porch and was pulling dead bees out of my hair. I saw one of the big roosters who was always a bit of an donkey come strutting down to the front of the hive seeing all those funny little flying things wonder if they're tasty. As I'm sitting here looking out there all of a sudden the rooster come zooming away from the bees he has an expression of utter panic and his eyes he's flapping his wings running full speed to the front yard once he gets to the front yard he's trying to pull be that of his feather I would dearly have loved to have it my phone available then so I could have recorded that big bad rooster learns he's not that big in bed LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

"if a man is alone in the woods, and speaks and no woman is there to hear him. is he still wrong?

Offline Les

• Gold Member
Re: The things you see when you don't have your camera
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 03:46:26 am »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Online Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 05:45:51 am »
 :D
Sounds like the little guy was quite surprised!  Have you fed your chickens any drone larvae?

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 07:11:17 am »
Nice looking collection of birds there Barry. Wish I could have a few hens but my neighbours..... :sad:
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 08:13:21 am »
Perry put some out at the honey house property.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline barry42001

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 09:52:01 am »
:D
Sounds like the little guy was quite surprised!  Have you fed your chickens any drone larvae?
No I really want the chickens to not get too close to hives but then chicken I.Q. leaves much to be desired lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

"if a man is alone in the woods, and speaks and no woman is there to hear him. is he still wrong?

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 10:52:30 pm »
too funny!!!!!!!!.......... :D
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor