Author Topic: New phone, new rule!  (Read 1902 times)

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
New phone, new rule!
« on: September 17, 2017, 07:44:00 am »
I was in the habit of leaving my phone on the tailgate of my truck when I am out in my beeyards so I can answer it easily. About a week ago I got a call and my hands were sticky so I stuck them in my bucket of water (for such purposes) and wiped them dry on my pants and answered the phone. Apparently a bit of moisture found its way into my phone and fried the touch screen. :sad:
Needless to say I had to "upgrade" at additional cost for a newer one (apparently these things are obsolete after 8 months).
New policy!!! The phone stays in the cab and I will answer it when I have the time!!! ;D

I took a couple pics to see how it works. One of my customers (now a friend) made this for me. I love my customers! :)

"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: New phone, new rule!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 08:01:53 am »
Perry, that's what voicemail is for!  (Unless it's the wife!)  :D

I love that mug.  You have some great and talented friends.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 01:18:32 pm »
Love that mug! And there is also cargo type pants where you can keep your phone in a pocket on the leg of your pants  :)
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline Wandering Man

• Gold Member
    • Life Lessons from dogs, bees and others
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 07:02:49 pm »
Nice mug.  Don't store your new phone in there, though ...

I trained myself not to jump and answer our landline, back when we had one.  Now I've trained myself not to look at my phone everytime it rings, burps, toots, whatever.  It takes practice, but I am much more productive when I don't let my phone command my life.
Never argue with drunks or crazy people

Offline CBT

• Gold Member
  • Age gets better with wine
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 08:55:51 pm »
Don't worry Perry. I'm to cheap to get a phone plan that lets me call you. Lucky you  ;D ;D

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 09:01:13 pm »
Don't worry Perry. I'm to cheap to get a phone plan that lets me call you. Lucky you  ;D ;D

I'd be good with it.

Scott (LazyBkpr) tried to send me a text pic today. I saw someone was trying, but I don't have data on my phone so I couldn't receive it. I didn't know who was sending it so I just asked who this was. Turns out it was Scott on the road, entering a place called Perry!
  :laugh: :laugh:
I accept calls from any forum members! ;D :D
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 05:40:47 pm »
LOL...   I had to trade in my awesome mil spec flip phone when it died after three years of faitful service... I ended up with one of those fancy phones you can take pictures with and send them...
   I like the picture part.... but the battery lasts like two days, (Flip phone battery lasted two weeks) I cant get reception ANYWHERE! (Flip phone had reception even down the Mississippi River in the middle of nowhere) AND, if dropped my flip phone bounced and still worked... this new one already has a broken glass on the front and part of the screen no longer works.
   While I like using it for pics, I am seriously considering going back to the flip phone so I know it will always have reception and a charged battery.

Perry Maine...    Yeah, I sent TedH the picture, I hope he gets time to post it! He is becoming quite the carpenter after building his new sugar shack!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline tedh

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 07:46:49 pm »
Instead of a new topic, I thought I'd post it here.  Seems fitting.

Share that which you have an abundance of.  In doing so both the giver and receiver are enriched.

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 08:37:56 pm »
So that thing is street legal? :o
First pic I saw of it was on a beach or something, didn't think it was streetable. :D
Forum Supporter

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 10:18:56 pm »
perry, if you are using a smart phone, one can purchase covers for these to protect them from anything..........even dropping them in water and floating down river for a number of river yards OR  from getting all stickied up from honey.............. :D

and no i don't own a smart phone or any phone, BUT someone else i know does and if he doesn't have the cover to protect his phone, it would be trash within a short period of time........... :D

i think the brand i buy him is otterbox?  indestructable.

btw, awesome mugs!
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 10:56:17 pm »
Yep, it is considered a motorcycle.
   I wanted two new road bikes, wife wanted on off road bikes, so we met in the middle, we compromised and we got on off road bikes....
   Problem with them is, they are legal to ride on the road, but after about two hours your behind feels like it has been beaten with a 2x6..  they are fun, but not meant to spend a LOT of time on...
   SO i was after her to get road bikes..

Well she decided this thing would be better, we can SIT in it, drive around and have fun together. were getting old so she thought this would be better than two new Harleys....    So... we compromised and we got the Slingshot...  I have to admit it is a lot of fun...

Last Saturday we put over three hundred miles on it, and ended up near the Canadian border...  Then I saw the sign...

ENTERING PERRY

I stopped, backed up, turned around, took the picture and sent it to Perry...  Wife still thinks I am weird for not wanting to enter... well I am sure you all understand!
   Scott
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Les

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 07:48:51 pm »
Otterbox is the way to go.  I have dropped my phone so many times and it has never skipped a beat.  My neighbor has one that can withstand moisture too. She dropped it in her hot tub and that sucker is still working.  As far as battery life on the iPhones, if you don't close out your APPS, they are still running in the background chewing up your battery life.