Author Topic: Howdy from Central New Jersey  (Read 10795 times)

Offline Beemaster

Howdy from Central New Jersey
« on: December 05, 2013, 07:08:35 pm »
Congrats on the forum, I wish everyone a wonderful and prosperous growth as you expand your membership and increase the knowledge base offered to all those interested in beekeeping.

A quick note on myself, I am 25 years working for the Navy, and now Air Force - but still doing the job I always have - launch jets and test aircraft carrier launch valve which are flown from around the globe to our one of a kind land based air-craft carrier platform. All launch equipment, arresting cables and assisted helicopter landing light systems are made at Lakehurst, NJ.

Formally known from before the crash of the Hindenburg in 1937, NAVY LAKEHURST, the Airship Capitol of the World, today is known as Joint Base McGuire, Dix, Lakehurst - the ONLY base on Earth made up of the three branches of the Military, Air-force, Navy and Army.

My beekeeping experience start 37 years ago at the age of 14 when helping a friend collect gallons of honey from his 11 hives. I was so impressed at him being in a tee-shirt and no gloves or hood while I stood there fully dressed in beekeeping garb. I knew I wanted to do it his was and that is how my life long hobby of beekeeping began.

Best Wishes

Beemaster

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: Howdy from Central New Jersey
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 07:19:04 pm »
Thank You, Beemaster. I know you are a busy man, and I appreciate you taking the time to come in and say hello. Hope you visit often.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 07:22:56 pm »
Welcome beemaster. Hope to see you here often. Glad you made it over to say hello
"no man ever stood so tall as one that  stoops to help a child"

Forum Supporter

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 07:44:26 pm »
Hello Beemaster, glad you made it over here and thanks.

Visit often and stay a spell.
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

Offline BoilerJim

• https://www.facebook.com/jim.taul
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 09:52:47 pm »
Hello Beemaster, Nice to see someone with your experience and knowledge joining the fold.
Jim (BoilerJim)
Proud Member (Hoosier Division)

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 09:15:58 am »
Welcome Beemaster!!!

How do the three branches get along on that base???
   Back when I was in the SeaBees they wouldnt let us anywhere near the Marines or Air Force..   too many fights with the Marines and too many young Ladies in the Air Force!!!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*