Author Topic: hibernation diet with honey  (Read 24058 times)

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
hibernation diet with honey
« on: July 17, 2014, 09:37:28 am »
Has anyone tried the hibernation diet. You take 2 tablespoons of honey within an hour of going to bed to fuel the liver.  I have been on it 2 months have done no exercising outside of my normal routine.  I have been watching what I eat and smaller portions. to date I am down 45lbs. Most of the weight lost has been in the stomach area the ole beer belly is almost gone.  Curious to see  if anyone else has tried the diet.  Jerry Brown of browns honey farm did the same thing and lost over 100lbs.  His Brother in law wrote the book on the hibernation diet.
"no man ever stood so tall as one that  stoops to help a child"

Forum Supporter

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
Re: hibernation diet with honey
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 10:15:06 am »
Interesting!!   I would LOVE to be able to see my Abs again!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 03:01:42 pm »
Riverrat- "I have been watching what I eat and smaller portions. to date I am down 45lbs.

River! That is a lot of weight for two months time.

Very curious for sure. I wonder if I could stir that amount of honey into a little yogurt, or does it have to be plain yogurt?
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 07:11:13 pm »
heres a link that tells a little bit about it

http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/hibernation-diet.html

Forum Supporter

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 11:14:20 pm »
Wow Riverrat!  That's great.  I don't know anything about the hibernation diet, except that I have heard of it.  I am reading two books by Dr. Ronald E Fessenden, Feed Your Brain First and The New Honey Revolution.  He advocates eating two teaspoons of honey at bed time and starting your day off with a teaspoon of honey.  He feels your brain needs the perfect nutrition that honey provides.  For those that wake in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep, he says your brain needs nutrition and it is telling your body it's hungry.  I haven't completely read these books to tell you more at this time.  I get more reading done in the winter. 

Offline Michelle

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 10:00:14 pm »
How is the diet going still? I am very interested in it!
“One can no more approach people without love than one can approach bees without care. Such is the quality of bees...”
― Leo Tolstoy

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 10:30:05 pm »
Going good. To date I'm down 60lbs the weight drop has slowed down which it should. Im abot 15 lbs from my target weight  I started at 240 wearing a size 40 overall with 1 button on each side buttoned today I weighed 181 and wearing new size 34 overalls with both buttons buttoned on the side.  I no longer labor to breth and my stress level has dropped and energy level has went up. I am curious to see if others have the same result when they watch there diet and take the honey

Forum Supporter

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 11:25:56 pm »
Going good. To date I'm down 60lbs the weight drop has slowed down which it should. Im abot 15 lbs from my target weight  I started at 240 wearing a size 40 overall with 1 button on each side buttoned today I weighed 181 and wearing new size 34 overalls with both buttons buttoned on the side.  I no longer labor to breth and my stress level has dropped and energy level has went up. I am curious to see if others have the same result when they watch there diet and take the honey

:o   WOW, That is impressive!

I am usually around 210 by winters end, and 175 to 180 by fall...   This year I am struggling to get below 185...   Might have to try this! 

*Sponsor*

Offline Slowmodem

• Gold Member
    • http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 11:49:57 pm »
That's really something!  I'm going to have to look into that.  My doctor told me I should work on losing my bay window.   :o

A while back I was at an outlet store looking to buy some more overalls.  A guy was there looking at them, too.  I told him, "get them to fit your belly, not your waist."  I believe in comfort!
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN
Beekeeping at 26.4 kbs

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 12:59:57 am »
Congrats River. on a totally amazing achievement.  I don't want to sound totally skeptical about the effect of the honey before sleep, but I have a feeling that a whole lot of your weight loss should be credited to your watching what you eat and your smaller portions.  I'll bet you don't do any snacking between meals either.  At the rate you're going, you should hit your target weight in another two weeks or so.  Best wishes for total success.
Then comes the real extended battle---keeping it off.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 01:34:42 am »
Ef- "Then comes the real extended battle---keeping it off.

Ain't it the truth! This last winter I was down with bronchitis for 2-3 months, didn't do much moving around, which of course didn't help my girlish figure one bit.

I don't know if I could get two tablespoons of honey down all at once, but I've been doing 1 teaspoon before bed and trying to remember 1 tsp when I awake in the morning ~ it's okay if it comes off slowly :)

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 06:07:54 am »
Maybe taking one teaspoon at night works too---but only at half the pace.
   :'(    :D   ;D
Choose the smiley you feel is most apropriate  O:-)

BTW, bronchitis calls for a propolis treatment.

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 07:25:01 am »
I'm a lot like Scott, up around 205 lbs. in the winter and down to 185 lbs. in the summer.
The kind of weight loss described here is impressive though, it will be interesting to follow. As Scott also mentioned, with age the weight doesn't come off as easily.
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 08:27:32 am »
I agree EF not sure about the honey but it doesnt hurt. Watching what you eat is the key. I posted a pic of me in April at snake hunt and one taken this week you can see the difference.  I have always had trouble getting rid of the beer gut but this time around it was the first to go. Keeping it off will be the challenge. I went to a pool party and bbq yesterday were they had smoked pork shoulder and all the fixings. I brought over some fish to grill  salad and tomato with a little tad bit of baked beans. but must say the bbq pork was tempting. :)

Forum Supporter

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2014, 09:25:05 am »
Wow, what a difference!  :goodjob:

Gotta ask, was that thing alive in that picture?  :o
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2014, 09:25:41 am »
Hey RR...  You know being anorexic isnt good for you either!    :laugh:

*Sponsor*

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 09:44:11 am »
Ef- "Maybe taking one teaspoon at night works too---but only at half the pace.

I do believe that honey and propolis are huge healers with viruses. I didn't do the propolis, but I drank large glasses of steeped burdoc root, and stinging nettle tea with honey daily. Lots Of It! Plus a warm vaporizer. It kept me off of the anti-biotics.

Ef, do you make your own propolis concoctions? like tinctures?

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 10:25:16 am »
Wow, what a difference!  :goodjob:

Gotta ask, was that thing alive in that picture?  :o

Yes very much alive

Forum Supporter

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 11:39:15 am »
lookin' good riverrat!  wow what a difference!
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Slowmodem

• Gold Member
    • http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 12:21:04 pm »

Hey!  I wear Key overalls, too!  GMTA   :yes:

:hijack:  Way Off Topic but a good read about overalls (even though he mentions Liberty, I still wear Key overalls):   :hijack:

In Praise Of Overalls

I come today to praise that great icon of Americana — overalls. Specifically, I come to praise Liberty overalls. If a more comfortable and useful garment has ever been invented, I've never heard of it.

Think of all the advantages that overalls offer. First, they're relatively inexpensive. For a modest price — $30 to $40 — anyone can walk out of a store with a brand new pair. There's not many outfits that go for that little these days.

Second, overalls can be worn nearly anywhere, for any purpose. Brand spanking-new overalls (AKA “Sunday-go-to-meeting” overalls) paired with a clean, white button-up shirt forms the vaunted “Tennessee Tuxedo,” an ensemble suitable for all but the most formal occasions. Older, more faded overalls are everyday “going-to-town” overalls. Not quite as nice as the blinding blue ones, but still suitable for running to town. Finally, there's those “so-faded-out-that-they're-almost-white” overalls for working around
the yard or lounging about the house. They're comfortable, sort of like hanging out with an old friend.

Third, overalls have pockets — lots of pockets, myriads of pockets, pockets on every available pocket-possible place. Levi Strauss had to add a pocket to their Dockers line of trousers for cell phones, iPods and other gizmos. My
trusty old overalls already had a cell phone pocket and an iPod pocket and an “other gizmos” pocket. The good folks at Liberty just didn't know that's what those pockets were for back in 1912 when they put them there. They thought those pockets were for whetstones, fold-up rulers and such; they had no idea what folks in 2010 needed to pocket. That's good old American
foresight for you. Liberty overalls even have a watch pocket and two pencil pockets, still useful after all these years.

Fourth, overalls are just designed well. Let's look at those pockets again. They're huge. There's plenty of room in those rugged pockets for anything, and they're much easier to access than pockets on khakis.

Think of the galluses on overalls. There's no need for suspenders since they're already included. The general fine design of Liberty overalls is reflected by their rugged toughness. I don't think I've ever worn a pair slap out. Then again, I'm not exactly farming in them. When I've retired a pair,
it's to the overalls Hall of Fame, not to the garbage.

Given all the advantages to overalls, I honestly don't know why I haven't worn them all my life. I don't know why I don't wear them all the time now. Unless it's really hot, I wear them around the house and to town, but I don't
usually wear overalls to work. However, since I don't teach on Fridays, I sometimes wear them to the office then. I'm in my office grading or researching or writing  lectures or something like that all day, and overalls are a comfortable garment in which to accomplish all those tasks. It's my own good old boy version of casual Friday.

Although there's always been a pair of overalls somewhere in my house, I really can't remember when I started liking overalls to the point of amazement. It may have come from one of my professors at Auburn. Unlike the other professors, who generally wore attire suitable for a business office, she wore blue jeans and work shirts every day. I thought it was a relic of her generation — she grew up in the 1960s — but she told me one day that she thought of teaching as hard work and she ought to dress that way. A wise thought.

It's odd how I remember that one thought more clearly than what we were actually discussing in that seminar, though.  I cannot quite bring myself to wear overalls to teach, though. I have known teachers to do that, but I
wear khakis and button-ups or polos. It's not that I think that it makes me look more professional or professorial or anything like that. It has more to do with a peculiar little phenomenon I've noticed over the years.

Like most people, students get used to things. They get so used to seeing me in the classroom wearing khakis and button-up shirts that they often don't recognize me when they run into me out in public. The time that this quirk was most noticeable was one time when I ran into a former student in the Gadsden Mall. I had taught this young man for four classes and had
known him for over two years.

I was wearing my “going-to-town” overalls when I spotted him. I waved to him, and he stopped and looked at me quizzically for a couple of seconds. As I walked over, it was obvious that he knew me, but couldn't quite place where he knew me. As soon as I said hello to him, he said, sort of relieved,
“Oh, Mr. Murdock.” He didn't really recognize me until he heard my voice. I get the occasional e-mail from him filling me in on how his college career is proceeding, and he's never forgotten that funny incident.

These days, I warn my students that they won't recognize me in public, and it always amazes both me and them when they don't. Overalls are that powerful; they can make a 6-foot-4, 285-pound man nearly invisible.

That's a neat article.  Of course, there's always got to be on in every crowd.  I expect RB's hillbilly neighbors to look like this:

Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN
Beekeeping at 26.4 kbs