Author Topic: Hoping for an early spring  (Read 3649 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: Hoping for an early spring
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 07:35:53 am »
I think we have gone past hoping for an "early Spring".   :laugh:   We are now on time or running behind.  In this area, we are running behind.   :sad:

The old saying seems to be true, "Misery loves company."  We are all commiserating together, anxious for spring, and to be able to get into our hives.

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2019, 05:16:16 pm »
I am getting reports from the bird watching folks of species of birds showing up here 2 weeks early.  Saw an eagle at the lab two days ago.

We've seen several in the last couple weeks, tec. They're on the way! :)
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline rober

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2019, 09:03:20 am »
I recently heard Kim Flottum speak & he says another important variable to consider is weather. better weather makes better queens. he even recommends when if you call a breeder to buy queens ask them about their local weather conditions.

in the st louis area there's a small park that's nothing more than a parking area with a lookout spot on a bluff on the Mississippi where Bellerive St dead ends at So Bdwy. if you bring binoculars you can spot eagles across the river year round. they were native here at one time & there are more living here on a permanent basis all the time.