Author Topic: Jen, Baker, Rober continuing convo on touring bands  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Jen, Baker, Rober continuing convo on touring bands
« on: November 04, 2019, 01:33:35 am »
When Clapton is touring the US, he plays in Inglewood, Calif. Looked him up, seems to be touring in Germany now.  Seriously doubt I'll be able to make Inglewood, that is near Los Angeles, a giant bustling city. I would need someone else to navagate that journey with me on a leash, HA!
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: Jen, Baker, Rober continuing convo on touring bands
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 08:03:10 am »
Good to see you back, jaybird. Being gone for days worries me, with all the fires out here. Hope you are a safe distance away.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 11:37:47 am »
Hi Mr. Wizard, thank you for your kind words. We had two, 5 day trips in October. It was all fun but so glad to be home for lots of reasons. California's burning up again, but not up our way. This was the first summer that I remember having No Smoke! It was wonderful and wierd.

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 08:19:31 pm »
Judy Collins is coming to KC in May 2020.  I wasn't a huge fan, but not everybody has a song named after them.  The venue is casual and intimate so that's cool.
There are a lot of great up and comers that you can catch for next to nothing.  I guess the secret is to know who is on the verge of hitting it big.  A lot of times they are the opening act for someone else.  We saw Joe Bonamassa for $2 at a city park.  He's not a household name yet, but he is one heck of a guitar player.

I regret not getting to see Stevie Ray Vaughan. 

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 02:21:56 am »
Like you and Joan Baez, me with Judy Collins, her voice crawls up my arm. Stevie Ray Vaugh would have been a life time memory. I regret not seeing Aretha. The most incredible musician I have seen in my later years now is Cindy Santana, Carlos wife for the last 10 years. She is his drummer now. She's been a drummer all of her life with a very successful drumming career. Now into her 60's. That woman just brought the house down.