Author Topic: Update: New Jersey Dept Of Ag's New Rules For Beekeepers  (Read 2180 times)

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Update: New Jersey Dept Of Ag's New Rules For Beekeepers
« on: February 10, 2018, 11:28:13 am »
Latest news on new Jersey’s Department of Agriculture’s decision to restrict beekeeping podcast with Janet Katz, President of the New Jersey Beekeepers Association

Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline Les

• Gold Member
Re: Update: New Jersey Dept Of Ag's New Rules For Beekeepers
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 04:10:01 pm »
Apis, considering that you are from BC, you probably don't hear much about the crazy laws that are being legislated in NJ.  Since I am in NY, I hear quite a bit about what goes on there.  So, none of this surprises me.  Just an example of their craziness is their gun law.  If you are not a licensed NJ concealed carry resident and you get pulled over and your vehicle is searched, you better pray you did not leave any ammo in your car from a day at the range.  The fine is a $1,000 per bullet and possible jail time. 

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: Update: New Jersey Dept Of Ag's New Rules For Beekeepers
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 09:38:30 pm »
I have been following this legislation, and this is an update to the previously story posted on this site. just didn't post it at the first story post.
I can relate as we ended up with the bylaws in Vernon changed because of one out of town beekeeper bringing hives into the valley to winter.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.