Author Topic: Summerized this morning.  (Read 4264 times)

Offline Alleyyooper

Summerized this morning.
« on: April 12, 2017, 12:37:34 pm »
 :laugh: So you winterize boats and their motors and a couple of other things like tillers and lawn mowers.

Well this morning decided I could care less if it snowed again this season.
Snow blower first was taken out side and started to warm it up good. Filled the tank full of fuel but left a tiny bit of room for the correct amount of stabil for 1.5 gallons of fuel and a bit of sea foam per directions.

Next was Kare's snowmobile, not much to do to it because she didn't ride it all winter. I just fogged the cylinders again and rolled the engine over to coat the cylinder walls anew. Maybe later in the summer I will pump all the fuel out of the tank and pour it in the Z Turn to use it up and give her sled fresh fuel.

Next was mine and again I didn't ride it very much so only had to add about a gallon of fuel and the stabil and sea foam and coat the cylinders with fogging agent and roll the engine over a bit to coat the cylinders.

Battery's won't hold a charge so I removed them and will buy new come next fall. I don't care for that type of battery much so may also make a different tray and use a lawn tractor battery. Don't think there will be a problem with plate vibration any more than in a lawn tractor.

So I am just about all ready for summer, Still need to take my Buick out of storage and insure it so I can hit a few car shows.
Would love to drive it to Eco Clair Wis. to see my grand daughter graduate end of May.
I think Kare might object to that. Only has 84,000 miles on it.

;D  Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline CBT

• Gold Member
  • Age gets better with wine
Re: Summerized this morning.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 09:50:21 pm »
What is a fogging agent? We use sea foam and other stable stuff. We're in the south and haven't heard of a cylinder foggier.

Offline Wandering Man

• Gold Member
    • Life Lessons from dogs, bees and others
Never argue with drunks or crazy people

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 06:56:43 am »
There is a couple ways to use cylinder fogging oil.
(1. With engine running spray the oil in the carb throat till engine is smoking heavy and stalls.

(2. Remove spark plug(s) and spray a good amount in the cylinder(s) then hand turn the engine over.

;D  Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline Mikey N.C.

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 10:52:38 am »
Back in the 80's. I worked for a International Harvester dealer in truck division. We would pull the old KTA19 cummings and 8V92's Detroit's and store for tractor pull engines. Would remove injectors and fill cylinders full of earl meant to say oil for storage.

Offline CBT

• Gold Member
  • Age gets better with wine
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 10:01:06 pm »
Thanks for your answer. Just wonder if we use it in the south. I've been around motors a long time and never heard of it. But have used Marvel Mistery oil to put in stored equipment cylinders.