Author Topic: Hello Ya'll and Happy Holidays  (Read 5565 times)

Offline Alleyyooper

Hello Ya'll and Happy Holidays
« on: November 27, 2018, 12:02:58 pm »
Been really busy here aquired 10 more acres of land and am trying to get it ready for the survey crew. We were told they were about a month and a half behind and would get to us about thanks giving.

Well guessing they are a bit more behind than they thought as Thanks giving is gone by.

I did make a black friday score and got some woven wire fence 330 feet for $40.00 off each

:D        Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
Re: Hello Ya'll and Happy Holidays
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 03:31:16 pm »
Hey Alley, great to see ya! :)
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 04:27:54 pm »
Hi Al!  Glad to hear your doing well and staying busy.  Keep us posted.  Pictures would be nice.  Hint. Hint.  ;)

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 06:02:42 pm »
We had 10 vacant acres between us and the horse farm next door. It had been farm feild at one time, I have no idea when it was last farmed as it was vacant when we moved in here 34 years ago.
It was put up for sale a year after we bought our home and should have bought it at that time but we had other plans.

As life is full of twist and turns steps forward and steps back wards our plans fell thru. Then 14 months ago the young fellow who had permission to hunt there got rather snotty with me. I also had permission to be on the property to cut dead and down fire wood, walk my dogs there and as i always did ever years after beeing asked I would plow up a garden every spring.

So I am walking my dogs on a Sunday afternoon and the young fellow hunting there had not called and said he was goiung to be hunting.
I get bck to the house and told her mister Upton is going to be calling me I bet. Sure as carter made liver pills I get the call on Monday. Mister Upton and I had a nice chat and I said all the young fellow has to do is call and let me know he is going to be hunting and he will never see me.

At that time I asked if he was intrested in selling the place since it was in a trust, I had a realitor check on it. He said he might be in mind to do that, I told him at least he would not have to pay taxes on the place and he would get some money from us and gain some interest.

Afer months of phone calls between he and I we agreed on a price and the intrewst rate of a land contract. More months of dealing with a lawyers choice of a land contract company we closed Oct 1st.

:D   Al

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 06:15:48 pm »
Now ya'll would like to see some pictures right?

I built a new drive way at the very top of the hill as ours was over the crest, we have had close calls several times by people flying over the hill as we are starting to pull out or turn in.

the county can and said I can't do that unless we pay them a whole bunch of money and tie our two propertys together whoich we can't since it is a land contract.
I warned the county we get hit shame on them some one get hit and the shame will be deep and pain full to the tax payers.

To the right of the big pine tree is a old path down thru the center of the place.

The drive way from the road I put in and now have torn it out.

This is the path back to where I was getting the dirt and which was going to be a big upside down U drive way.

this is what we call the pond. full of water in the spring after the snow melts but dry during the summer and grows som nice grass. Note the clump of swamp milk week in the picture. A south west view.

This is a west view. the blooms you see across the pond is Elder berries.

:D       Al

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 06:23:23 pm »
This is a path my dog and I walk twice a day on the north boundry of that property.

This is the path that goes east thru the center of the property the dog and I walk.

This is the path on the south edge near the horse farm.

This is a clearing that runs nearly all the way across the property north to south. I am going to plant food plots for the deer and turkeys there come spring. Looking north.

See the deer back behind the Oak leaf?

See it now?

:D         Al

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 06:32:59 pm »
This is about 20 yards from the east line fence about 30 yards from the creek.

This is the food plot clearing looking south to the horse farm fence.

This is a pair of deer taking advantage of a rainy day of grazing.

More of the clearing from the center path looking at the big Oak trees to the north.

This is another clearing , it to will become food plot come spring. OH see the two fawns?

Look under the pine tree in the center of the pic.

:D         Al

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 07:35:10 pm »
Thanks for the pictures Al, looks like a great place to stretch your legs.  :)
Lee_Burough

Offline Some Day

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 07:44:13 pm »
So Al,

Will you have to get permission from the hunter to walk your dog now?

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 08:26:21 pm »
He isn't getting permission to hunt here now. I don't care for people who get snotty with me.

Yes I am enjoying streaching my legs.

:D      Al

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2018, 05:27:59 am »
So Al,

Will you have to get permission from the hunter to walk your dog now?
That's what I was thinking.  It's easy to see why he liked to hunt there.  Plenty of game.
Thanks for posting pictures.

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 07:11:10 pm »
Not sure where the south property line is so we hired a surveyor. they told us the they were about 6 weeks behind   putting them some time around Thanksgiving. They called Monday and told Kare first full week of December.

So it is really brushy on the west end I decided to go off where the horse farm mows out side their fence and clear a lane.

I worked up the hill useing the tractors front loader to push Autum Olive out of the way.

On top of the hill I continue to tward the county road.

Use the box blade on the bota to rip out roots of the Autum Olives makeing the path nice a level. Lady from the horse farm comes over and ask what I am doing and if I had bought the place.
told her yes we bought the place and we have a survey crew coming to make our south boundry her north one.

I didn't make it to the road that day so the second day she comes again and tells me I can push down all the Autum Olive soutyh of where I think the line is going to be as it stinks so bad in the spring. Told her just clearing where I think the line is going to be. I finish and get to the road.

About 4 days later I get a knock on the door late afternoon. It is a county sheriff cop, says the lady to the south called them saying I had infringed on their land as I was to far south with my line. Crazy woman never said a word to me when I was doing it.
So I tell the cop I have a recipt for a survyor to mark the line. He said she had a good line marker to her south and measured and I am off. I told the cop the survey will say where the line is and it trumps a tape measure used by a crazy woman.

I also told him every thing I had pushed down would grow back next summer if I was off. And that crazy woman wanted me to push it all down any way.

He told me if she gives me any grief to call him.

:D      Al

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2018, 07:41:09 pm »
I hope you get along with crazy people Al.  Sounds like you have a challenge there.  ;)
Lee_Burough

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2018, 04:48:54 am »
Oh I get along with crazys just fine.  :laugh: :laugh:I think I am really crazyer than her any way.

:D          Al