Author Topic: child size bee suits  (Read 3595 times)

Offline Grandma Bear

child size bee suits
« on: December 19, 2020, 12:54:22 pm »
So back about a dozen or so years ago my kiddos started out with the cheapest tyvek suits we could find and an alexander veil and that worked fine until they got jackets with zipper veils as they got more and more involved with the bees. More often than not they worked the bees "Iddee style", meaning bare hands and regular clothes, except when the ladies warned us that we needed better protection....like Iddee says, listen to the ladies and they will tell you what you need.

Fast forward to now, I have a 4yo grandson and a 5yo grandson who desperately want to work the bees with mommy and MeMaw but have enough anxiety about it to want suits. I don't want to waste a ton of money on something that they will outgrow so quickly and was wondering what suggestions the rest of y'all may have for providing them with protection enough to relieve their anxiety without breaking my wallet.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: child size bee suits
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 03:16:57 pm »
Hi Gramma Bear  :)

This is my grandson Gannon, at 4-5 years old. This suit is a junior size. I simply roll up the arms and legs to fit him. This was a bee presentation that I did for his pre-school class. For this presentation I rolled the suit up rather sloppy. But when we go out to the bees the suit is rolled more tidy and I put rubber bands around the sleeves/wrists and legs/ankles to keep the ladies from crawling up inside.

I have also taken this suit to other peoples hives who have kids that want to be with their mom or dad to look into the hive.

There Is Peace In The Queendom
The following users thanked this post: Grandma Bear

Offline Grandma Bear

Re: child size bee suits
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 04:29:45 pm »
Hi Gramma Bear  :)

This is my grandson Gannon, at 4-5 years old. This suit is a junior size. I simply roll up the arms and legs to fit him. This was a bee presentation that I did for his pre-school class. For this presentation I rolled the suit up rather sloppy. But when we go out to the bees the suit is rolled more tidy and I put rubber bands around the sleeves/wrists and legs/ankles to keep the ladies from crawling up inside.

I have also taken this suit to other peoples hives who have kids that want to be with their mom or dad to look into the hive.

Thank you so much Jen...I think that would work well. Can you tell me where your ordered this from?