Author Topic: I was lied to  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Alleyyooper

I was lied to
« on: June 03, 2016, 08:49:36 am »
So before I went in for my knee operation I was told I should be up and around in 60 days. I guess it is all in how you define up and around. Yes I am up and around, still have pain bad enough I use opioids so I can sleep at night which wasn't supposed to happen. Last Thursday I had server swelling so showed the PT people. They looked at it went and got a doctors assistant to look at it since all the doctors were gone to a conference, (convent for their early start to the holiday I suppose)She said it was a normal happening with the pressure changes in the atmosphere heat wave. Also was told the swelling and such can happen up to a year. Was also asked about the compression sleeve they put on me out of surgery was I still using it. I never had a sleeve after surgery.
Today is my last session of PT, was told yesterday I have insurance money I can still use to do a few sessions more. I have decided to not do any more sessions, Yesterday I did 95% of the stuff my self. One girl set up the weights on the leg lifts, Another put the weights on my ankles for the march steps, she also put the resistance bands on for my kicks. Every thing else I did.

I told the girl I could write a book on what I was not told about the surgery and recovery.
I really should get the right knee fixed but at this point I do not want to go thru the pain for the rest of the year. 
I did see the doctor in the lobby as I was leavening yesterday and asked when can I dig? He gave me a funny look and said right now, but you will pay for it later.

Well Crap wanted to stir up my raised beds and plant a few veggies.

;D  Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
Re: I was lied to
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 09:23:16 am »
Al:

Be very careful and do not over work that knee.  A couple of my friends had bad, and I mean bad, experiences from over working a knee replacement.  I am assuming you had a knee replacement.  If you had knee surgery, you still need to be attentive to the doctor's instructions.  A knee swelling from barometric changes sounds a bit "weak" or "lame" to me.  If your knee swells excessively, you are working it too hard.  Slow down and think long term.  If you go take the time out of your life to have knee surgery, then you want to maximize the results.  I had a home PT every day for two weeks, then for the next six weeks it was three times a week.  Then I did out patient at a small clinic three times a week for four weeks.  And, no, neither of my knees swelled for a year.  In fact, all of the swelling was over and done with in one month. Take care and don't push too hard.

Take care Al, we all love to read your posts, and we want you to be a HAPPY poster as opposed to one grinding around on a bad knee.  Good luck you old fart.

lazy

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 02:32:26 pm »
Al,

Owwee! Rehab is painful. Try to take some time to rest and give some lap training to that pup. :)
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 07:21:58 pm »
lol al, how old are you?!.................. :D :D :D

both hips done within 6 months of one another........swelling? takes time. threw the drugs out after 5 days.......can't stand them things..........
sleep?  pain?  not like the pain you had before. 

it all comes in time......like lazy said (great post by lazy shooter), don't push it. don't mess up what you just had fixed.  ;)
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 06:09:15 am »
I'm 69.

Yesterday I got out of bed in a lot of pain to start the day.

;D  Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 12:20:50 am »
hey al, just teasing, getting older doesn't have benefits like when we were younger..................... :D

sorry to hear about the pain, but sure got to be different than what you had been dealing with, and gimping around on? yes? no?

i truly wish you well and a speedy recovery, pain free soon!
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor