Author Topic: Stopped at the cabin on the way home.  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Alleyyooper

Stopped at the cabin on the way home.
« on: June 11, 2017, 07:58:36 am »
We have a 37 acre camp with a 1/2 mile of beach on the shores of Big Bay DeNoc in Michigan's upper. It has a Rapid River address so that post office covers a huge area really.

Saturday week ago on the way back from Wisconsin I told Kare we should stop in. First thing we saw as we rounded the curve in the road, in the field was a tom all strutted up. I stop and tell Kare to give me the camera since he was on my side. Just as I took the picture I saw the hen just ahead of him laying in the weeds.

Just down the road another 50 yards there were 5 more hens but started running when the truck stopped.

With much sadness we have decided to sell the place. My last deer hunting partner died in 2005 and I don't have any one else I care to take up there with me who doesn't already have their place to hunt. So with fuel cost so high we just don't go very often to pay property taxes on.

:D  Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Re: Stopped at the cabin on the way home.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 08:59:23 am »
"With much sadness we have decided to sell the place".

Take some comfort in the fact that we really don't own anything, but are merely caretakers of things while we are here. You and Kare have respectfully assumed stewardship of a beautiful place for a time and can now hopefully find someone willing to do the same.
Beautiful place. :)
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter