Author Topic: Thrift store find  (Read 4286 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Thrift store find
« on: April 23, 2021, 11:30:08 am »
The other day at a thrift store, I bought an old record album called "Sounds Wasps Make".  When I got home and played it, I said, "This doesn't sound anything like wasps sounds."  Then I realized I was playing the Bee side.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: Thrift store find
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 01:38:45 pm »
Ha! I can always here a honeybee coming, but I never hear a wasp coming until stings and bites me.
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline The15thMember

• Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 10:42:21 am »
The other day at a thrift store, I bought an old record album called "Sounds Wasps Make".  When I got home and played it, I said, "This doesn't sound anything like wasps sounds."  Then I realized I was playing the Bee side.
:D 

Ha! I can always here a honeybee coming, but I never hear a wasp coming until stings and bites me.
Since becoming a beekeeper I've gotten really good at differentiating between the sound of bee or a wasp.  If I hear a bee I'm like "Hello bee, whatcha up to?"  If I hear a wasp I immediately start dodging and swatting!  I know I shouldn't, but I can't seem to get over that reaction with a wasp.     
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 10:50:08 pm »
Oh yeah, dodge and swat away at wasps.   You will also, if you havent already be able to tell the difference between an ANGRY bee and one just cruising in to check you out, or passing by.
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline BoilerJim

• https://www.facebook.com/jim.taul
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 09:59:05 am »
Ya never know what you'll find in a thrift store! About two years ago I found a cloth top beekeepers vail (instead of the helmet type) for 75 cents - brand new. The pricer person didn't know what it was and labeled it "some type of hand bag" and priced it at 75 cents.
Jim (BoilerJim)
Proud Member (Hoosier Division)

Offline The15thMember

• Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 12:25:14 pm »
Ya never know what you'll find in a thrift store! About two years ago I found a cloth top beekeepers vail (instead of the helmet type) for 75 cents - brand new. The pricer person didn't know what it was and labeled it "some type of hand bag" and priced it at 75 cents.
That's amazing!  Thrift store shopping is one of the things I've missed the most during the pandemic.  You never know the great stuff you are going to find. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.