Author Topic: Kidney Stone  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Kidney Stone
« on: March 24, 2019, 01:05:46 am »
Any one here dealt with the dreaded kidney stone? I'm in recovery... had me begging for mercy  :'(
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
Re: Kidney Stone
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 01:47:42 am »
Yes I have. All I can say is OMG!!!!! :)

It ain't nothin' nice!
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 07:16:19 am »
Only eight or ten. Lost count years ago.
One so bad I begged the nurses for euthanasia.

One fast rule...... Never pass a water fountain without stopping.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 02:15:01 pm »
 Iddee "One so bad I begged the nurses for euthanasia."

Lower left abdomen, felt like someone tossed a grenade in there. 3am we went to the emergency room, took them 1 1/2 hours to get pain meds in. The doc came in asked a few questions and said "Yep, a kidney stone, feel free to scream all you want"  :'( :'( :'(

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 04:07:58 pm »
One canister of Nitrous oxide, then 5 shots of morphine. Last shot knocked me out.

DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT drink a beer.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Mikey N.C.

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 05:16:28 pm »
No BEER,
I worked out of town with a guy that had a problem with kidney stones, he drank Dr.pepper. yrs. ago he told me, that he would drink Miller lite 6-8 cans? Don't know I've never had stones.

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 05:46:27 pm »
Beer if fine, but not for a week or so after passing a stone. It will trace the same path as the stone and feel the same.
― Shel Silverstein

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 10:47:21 am »
never had a kidney stone....

But...  One day my sister in law called me.. asked for a ride to the hospital...  I asked if she was okay or needed an ambulance???  Nope, just need a ride...

Picked her up.. asked what was wrong and headed for the hospital 15 miles away...  No worries.... she said she didn't KNOW what was wrong, she was getting pains that REALLY hurt....   Okay... I didn't press her....
   JUST coming into town....  She started crying, wrapped her arms around her chest, and started rocking back and forth....    Her brother just had a 5 way bypass, her dad had two heart attacks, and her sister, my wife has insane cholesterol issues.. I am thinking she is having a heart attack...  So I GO... not Super fast, no squealing tires, but not wasting time....
   I turn the flashers on... Red light.. I slow down.. Not one car at the light.. I see a cop car coming down the hill toward the light...   I think.. God I hope he sees me!!!  first time I ever thought that btw....  I go through the red light...  Yep.. lights behind me.. I think,.. thank god!!!  He follows, turns lights and siren on at each light so i can go through...   Get to the hospital, he pulls up behind me, I get sister in law out and get her into the emergency room...
   THEN.... I have a young cop SCREAMING at me..
   Are you f'ing stupid? Why didnt you call an Ambulance? No one is that stupid! Etgc, etc, etc....calling me names asking if I was fing stupid, and on and on....   I grabbed him... One of the guys in the waiting room granbbed my arm.. shook his head.. said it wasnt worth it, tell the DA instead...   SO I stood there and took it....
   Went to the hearing for the 20 Plus tickets he wrote me up for.....
   Attourney called out peoples names, they all said... Not Guilty.....   he gets to me...   I say guilty...  He stops and looks up at me...

"Guilty?"   
   I say Yes Sir.
   "Then why are you here?"
  I tell him what happened...   he gets kinda mad, says hold on a minute!  Goes in the other room... after a few minutes opens the door and calls me in...  "Tell this fellow what you just told me."

He goes out and leaves me in there. I tell the story again.   I tell the guy that calling an ambulance means a 20 minute wait when I could Drive her to the hospital at normal speed in 15 minutes.. I told him if HE was in my car and I thought HE was having a heart attack, I would do the SAME THING all over again to try to help him...  He asks what was wrong with her... I said.. Kidney stones....  He cringes and nods.. been there myself...
   He said.. let me see what I can do for you....

They dropped all charges.. the officer was reprimanded.. how severely I have no idea...   AND... My raw hatred for NEW cops is increased...  Older officers that have had time to mellow and gain wisdom... are some of the greatest people I know...
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 11:34:11 am »
Another great story Scott! Pretty much my story without the cops. 1am I'm up to visit the bathroom, feel fine but noticed a hitch in my left side, went back to bed. By 3am hubby called ER said we're on our way. Every pebble that the truck tires rolled over had me hollering. I had no idea what was happening. ER doc asked two questions: "Have you vomited? YES!" … "Does it hurt here, here, and here? YES!"

He slowly shook his head, "Kidney Stone, feel free to scream all you want." That scared me to death when he said that. They took blood. Then the hour and a half wait. I couldn't figure out why it was taking an hour and a half to get pain meds. So it has to do with the opioid and heroin epidemic. If I had heroin/opioids in my blood... and they gave me more opioids, it could have killed me right then and there.

One other thing hubby and I learned about the ER, the homeless can hang out in there to keep warm and off the streets, especially if they have mental disorders. They keep a certain amount of beds vacant and clean for emergency victims, the rest of the beds can be used for the needy. I like that

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2019, 12:52:21 pm »
Beer is fine, but not for a week or so after passing a stone. It will trace the same path as the stone and feel the same.
It sounds like you are an authority on this iddee... ;)

Jen, I hope you recover quickly.  Caregivers should at least 'fake' some compassion, don't you think?

Lazy, I got white knuckles reading that.

We have bad water in Texas and a lot of people with kidney stones.  I put a reverse osmosis filter on our drinking water hoping to reduce that risk.

Hearing all your stories makes me appreciate an easy day here at the house. 

:thread:
Lee_Burough

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2019, 01:37:47 pm »
Hi Lee, and guess what we are doing? putting filter system on our drinking water :D And I'll be the first to admit that I don't drink nearly enough water especially in the winter. I'll be drinking much more honey lemon water for the rest of my days. No liver and no deep greens.

Offline Les

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 08:34:41 am »
Stay away from iced tea too!  So sorry you had to experience that.