Author Topic: Home made ss sink for Honey House  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Yankee11

• Gold Member
Home made ss sink for Honey House
« on: July 04, 2015, 05:56:33 pm »
Made me a sink for the honey house and now have a water line ran out to it. Sure is nice having running water out there.

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Re: Home made ss sink for Honey House
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 06:01:55 pm »
Moveable, smart move! :) I hope to pick some ideas off of you for my shack.
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline rober

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 08:50:17 pm »
I don't have a water line in mine so I got one of these. hooks up to a water hose & drains into a bucket. folds up for storage when not in use.
http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/pi/mp/3198/prod_5756144915?src=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.wfrcdn.com%2Flf%2F49%2Fhash%2F25158%2F9892417%2F1%2F1%2F1.jpg&d=8f11516c5a6082a7629696bcb838f7d3dabae048&hei=326&wid=326&op_sharpen=1

Offline Springtide

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 11:07:48 pm »
 8)  oooohhhh jealous 

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 05:47:20 am »
Yankee, I suggest that for your next investment in the honey house you put in a linoleum floor covering.  It should save you a lot of cleaning trouble after extractng. 

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 07:22:28 am »
Nice sink and stand did you make it or find a good deal on Ebay? I still use a bucket, though I run a hose to fill and add water to my water jacketed sump pot and it has a pore spigot so I can draw warm water out and top up the tank with cold. This way my septic system is to water the grass outside the shop door.
I agree with Efmesch idea about protecting the plywood, but use a product that will stand up to the abuse like a commercial grade urethane, or even vinyl tile or vinyl plank. If you use a product with seams make sure that you put a sealer on the floor to stop the spilled honey and water used to wash it, from seeping under the tiles. A good quality deck and floor paint will seal it also and make clean up easier but it can be scratched easily if things get dragged and house hold quality vinyl flooring will tear fairly easily.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 08:38:00 am »
@Yankee:

As a suggestion,

One can now purchase glazed, ceramic floor tile for less than one dollar per square foot in my locale.  They are easy enough to "lay" using today's mastic floor glues.  With Yankee's skills, a ceramic floor could be installed for  a buck or so per sq. ft.  Go Yankee.

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 08:49:42 am »
Ceramic tiles may crack if running hand trucks on them with stacks of suppers if the floor flexes. if tile is used seal the grout lines ad the acids in honey will break down cement products. This is why it is good to paint or lay flooring in the extracting area to protect the concrete.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline Yankee11

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 10:04:19 am »
I made the sink base myself. I had someone bend the edges of the top for me as I don't have a break to bend the edges.

And yes, the flooring is next. We are gonna put in some sheet vinyl. I don't wanna have to deal with the seems. I found this on craigslist. Brand new box still sealed. Cools us down nicely. It also has a dehumidifier mode.