Author Topic: Bee club meeting cancelled due to Covid-19  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Bee club meeting cancelled due to Covid-19
« on: March 13, 2020, 12:20:50 pm »
The board members, for our local bee club, decided we should cancel Monday night's monthly meeting.  Probably a wise decision.  The majority of our members are over 60 and we usually have over 100 in attendance.  There has been one fatality and 4 tested positive for Covid-19 in the metro area. While we are not exactly a hot bed of outbreaks, we will try to keep it that way.  The club always provides snacks and coffee.  We are obligated, at our location, to remove the trash so I'm happy that no one will be touching that.

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
Re: Bee club meeting cancelled due to Covid-19
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 01:29:35 pm »
Our local club has done the same.
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 08:35:32 am »
My coyote hunting group leader cancled our bi monthly brunch. Keep the same partners for at least another two weeks.

Yes I am going to keep hunting with my current partner and his girl friend. Kare & I Just had dinner at his house yesterday.

I thnk it is crazy to expect things to change as long as people have to go to work to build cars and trucks,travel trailers, boats and more.
Sell food at grocery stores, resturants and try to wash your hands offten when there isn't many wash rooms open at todays gas stations plus the ones that are open are so nasty you could catch a whole mess of things.

I'm one of the older people in the high risk area health wise at 73 and a diabetic.

:D    Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 04:45:23 pm »
We were just notified by the fairgrounds, where we hold our monthly meetings, that groups larger than 50 are not allowed until May 12.