Author Topic: Foot wear for beekeeping  (Read 6553 times)

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
Re: Foot wear for beekeeping
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2017, 06:13:24 pm »
This is a "croc". Can't believe you don't have a pair.  :)

Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline Green bee

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2017, 01:10:38 am »
I just wear a jacket, so my legs are exposed, and I also wear runners, so same thing with the feet. Stings in either of those areas is fairly rare for me as the bees don't get pinched.
.   Omg Perry I had a bad image run through my head of you in a bee jacket wearing tennis shoes in your underwear. Poke my eyes out PLEASE!!!!  :-[ :-[ :P.   
        I just wear a slip on high top leather boot with blue jeans pulled over them...never had a problem. Hey Perry can you post a pic of that pls.  :laugh: :laugh:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Offline eltalia

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2017, 05:30:22 am »
This is a "croc". Can't believe you don't have a pair.  :)

Ahh, yeh... "plastic clogs"... have several pairs in their boxes, stashed somwhere in a
cupboard..heh  8)
Like aftershave/cufflinks/socks it seems to me these are a "right of passage" as
gifts upon the first grey hair appearing! I went grey late but not so late me dear ol'
MIL smiled as she handed over her gift - a dementia lifer, every pair was a new idea
for her ;)
I did try them more than once, but up against thongs (flipflops/jandels) they aren't
in the race for convenience in the boat (tinny) or in the wet(season) where you leave
them behind in the mud... cheers Neill :)

Offline Les

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2017, 09:37:16 am »
I wear my Wellies and tuck my pants in so the girls can't crawl down inside.  Once you ve been stung in your Achilles tendon, you will never go unprotected in that area again!

Offline Noise Maker

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 12:40:38 am »
I think that they make some kind of band that goes around the bottom of pants so that your pant leg cuffs don't rub against bicycle chains. They used to anyway. Would probably work with a pair of high top boots. a velcro strap might work also. Keep them with the tools.
I don't know what I'm doing, but am doing it with confidence.

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 12:17:45 pm »
In my earlier years I used  to wear knee high waterproof boots and would tuck my leggings inside and flip them over, like a cuff.  Nothing would get inside---but after a short while in the heat of the summer, my feet would be sloshing and slipping around inside the boots from the sweat that didn't evaporate.
For the past several years I've mostly been using open sandals, without socks.  I can't figure out why the bees don't overcome me, but I rarely get stung. 

Offline yes2matt

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 06:07:30 pm »
I wear crocs ;D
I do not like Crocs, because it takes forever for a little explorer to come back out through the bee-sized holes. And if you lift your foot you'll mush her.

Flip-flops. Unless I know I'm going to make em mad. Then shoes with ankle socks.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk