Author Topic: It's a JEEP THING!  (Read 3431 times)

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
It's a JEEP THING!
« on: November 08, 2017, 11:05:04 pm »
one of my neighbors (of the MALE gender) recently pointed out that my newer license plate frame on the front of my jeep was UPSIDE DOWN. sorta bent his head from side to side trying to read the PRINT on the frame cover.

he said, "ya know, ya put your license plate frame on upside down"..........wanted to fix it for me......lol
ya know sometimes us girlies might be challenged with putting a vanity license plate frame on a jeep........... :D

so i got in my jeep and rolled it over for him so he could read the print on the license plate frame............

........... :D :D :D

i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor
The following users thanked this post: Wandering Man

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
Re: It's a JEEP THING!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 11:19:51 pm »
We had a neighbor in Colorado that called his Jeep a "Hummer Recovery Vehicle."   :laugh:
Lee_Burough

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 10:31:17 pm »
this really is a true story, except i didn't roll my jeep.....one of my neighbors was trying to point out that i may have put the plate cover on upside down.
i said to him 'ronnie, stand on your head and read it or i will have to flip it over for you, do ya need a beer?'........ :D

lee, there is a bit of a rivalry when it comes to hummers and jeeps. i have seen tire covers on jeeps like this:

........ :D
there is an online jeep company that sells all sorts of jeep stuff. they sold a t shirt with a screen print of a jeep wrangler pulling a hummer with a line that read'hummer recovery team'. apparently an attorney from gm sent the company a 'shot across the bow' telling the company to stop selling them otherwise 'action would be taken'.  the small company decided it was in their best interests to stop selling the shirts but did let customers know why they were no longer printing/selling these.

Forum Sponsor

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 10:33:22 am »
I hope you don't mind riverbee, I thought I'd post a pic of my last Colorado High Country trip in a 4 X 4 up to 14,000 ft.  Sadly, it was in a Dodge Durango, and not a Jeep.

Lee_Burough
The following users thanked this post: riverbee

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 05:26:15 pm »
Having moved from BC to NS, those pictures remind me of how much I miss mountains. Thanks lee
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 06:45:31 pm »
I finally sold my jeep I owned for years to my son.  I always said jeep was an acronym  for "Just Empty Every Pocket"
"no man ever stood so tall as one that  stoops to help a child"

Forum Supporter

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 08:00:44 pm »
I finally sold my jeep I owned for years to my son.  I always said jeep was an acronym  for "Just Empty Every Pocket"

:D :D :D From a guy who drives a 91 pick-up I guess I shouldn't throw any stones. ;D
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 10:31:53 am »
lee awesome photos!
dodge durango works, but that's me right behind you in the red jeep, 2nd pic............. :D
i have been some places in nw montana similar and very narrow, and no room for passing or going around, so if you met another vehicle coming from the opposite direction......don't take the back road out of garnet ghost town (near missoula) even though it shows as a road on a topo map, just an old wagon wheel path! funny thing was there was a sign indicating it was not rv friendly................ :D

"I finally sold my jeep I owned for years to my son.  I always said jeep was an acronym  for "Just Empty Every Pocket""

..................... :D :D :laugh:

it is true rat! whether it be upgrading, adding or maintenance. jeeps can have some out of the ordinary repairs.  i learned to drive in a late 1940's willy's jeep cj when i was 12 i think?  the thing had to be double clutched and i spent a lot of time annoying my father cuz i wasn't very proficient at it...... :D

i switched out the gm radio/cd player, and speakers and upgraded. i can plug anything into it, either by audio cable or usb.

some of the repairs:
don't open your door in a high wind, the wind will rip your door check strap from the frame of the door and yank the bolt right out with it............
$119

if your jeep suddenly and intermittently just quits on you while driving, but starts up again.....it's your crank sensor. when it kept doing this i took it in to my long time mechanic (twice), he drove it around, checked it out, and left him scratching his head. upon returning home, the jeep died as i turned onto my street, about 50 yards from the house. it would not start. fortunately i was at the top of the hill, so all i needed to do was push it to get to coast downhill. one of my neighbors drove up behind me to see me trying to shove the thing to get it to coast off a level spot to roll downhill. lol, he gave me a hand and i coasted it into the driveway......... :D  called one of my bros (he's a jeep head) and did some research to find out about this sensor. called my mechanic back.

tow: $105
crank sensor: $68
replace crank sensor: $72
total bill: $280

where are fuel pressure regulators on most vehicles?  on a jeep they are above the gas tank. guess what, the gas tank has to be emptied and removed to get to and replace the regulator........cha-ching.
inexpensive part..........about another $350

i also put an ooga horn on it (secondary), kinda fun. the horn was shipped to me from england. the horn cost a little less than the installation.......... :D

i love my jeep!........ :D
Forum Sponsor

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 10:57:05 am »
Any four wheel drive is expensive to operate and maintain.  An expensive luxury (4X4) that I seldom used.  That Durango went around several of those descending curves on three wheels, it had a long, rigid frame.  Not a warm and fuzzy feeling.  A Jeep went off that very road the next week, killing the occupants.  Four wheeling has its hazards, but fun for adrenalin junkies.  ;)
Lee_Burough

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 11:00:19 am »
Quote from: riverbee
...some of the repairs:
don't open your door in a high wind, the wind will rip your door check strap from the frame of the door and yank the bolt right out with it............
$119
Something you learn very young living in Wyoming.  I learned to walk leaning into the wind.  After moving to Texas, I found myself unconsciously leaning into a wind that wasn't blowing.   :yes:  :laugh:
Lee_Burough

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 11:03:13 am »
Having moved from BC to NS, those pictures remind me of how much I miss mountains. Thanks lee
I know what you mean Perry.  :)
Lee_Burough

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 03:17:38 pm »
That tears me up, :laugh: :laugh: a squirt driving a Jeep with a Ooga Horn :yes:  :laugh: :laugh: Sorry little buddy i have this picture in my head.Ooga,Ooga, Ooga. :D Jack.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 08:52:54 pm »
lee,
i have had the jeep tipped on two wheels, guess that's why there are roll bars on them............ :)  i have yet to roll it, but come close.

leaning into a wind blowing that doesn't exist?...........too funny!

jack.......that ooga horn is fun! 

my prized possession on the jeep really is this, it was made by riverrat and i received it as a karma gift on the forum.......

pretty cool!!!
Forum Sponsor

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 02:47:50 pm »
I like that Beekeeper insert!   :yes:
Lee_Burough

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 10:58:14 pm »
i get a lot of questions and compliments on that lee!

it is a hitch cover riverrat made!
Forum Sponsor