Author Topic: How I met my wife!  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
How I met my wife!
« on: October 04, 2018, 06:20:30 pm »
No joke, this is a true story.

Back in 91, I started with BC Transit as an operator (bus driver). At that point they were hiring 6 people every Monday and it went on for months due to expansion. It entailed 5 and 1/2 weeks of training, then another 10 days of "line training" (you drive while another driver watches), and then you are finally good to go "into revenue" (actually making them money).

As it turned out, they combined some of the classes for the training and one fellow in the class right after me suggested we should car pool as we both lived quite a ways from the major transit depot. During the morning and evening drives to and from work we got to talking and became quite familiar with each other. Also, after we both ended up "in revenue", we ended up having to sign similar shifts due to our bottom-of-the-barrel seniority. For the first few years you get stuck on trolley buss's and night shifts (usually 6 pm til around 2 am), so we continued to car pool.

After several months he suddenly said "you should meet my sister, you and her would probably get along great"!

Now I had just purchased my first condo and was starting my new career and really had little time for much of a social life and wasn't really interested at the time. The biggest obstacle however, was this fellow. He was about 80 lbs. overweight, missing at least third of his teeth, his hair was as white as white could be and we were the same age (mid thirties). He was a really nice guy, but all I could think to myself was "what must your sister look like"? :o

For months I kept putting him off until one day he invited me to his fathers birthday party. His dad was also a bus driver and in fact he had been one of my "line instructors" during training. I said why not, and bought a jug and headed to his place for the party a few nights later. When I arrived there were several other drivers there as well as some girlfriends and such. What really struck me the most though was this beautiful, quiet wallflower standing across the room, not really engaging with too many people. After a bunch of get to know each other chatter I walked up to my car pool friend and asked who the good looking girl across the room was.

"That's my sister Jane!" :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

We met that night on Oct. 26th and she moved in with me on Jan. 2 and we've been together since. ;D TRUE STORY
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter
The following users thanked this post: Lburou, tedh, Newbee, CBT, Wandering Man

Offline Some Day

Re: How I met my wife!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 11:11:23 pm »
I knew that bees like flowers, tonight I learned that beekeepers like wall flowers.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 02:22:14 am »
Some Day ~ That is very cool!
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 07:57:19 pm »
LOL  My sister!
   At least you didn't say.. the one with the nice behind!

went to the class reunion... they had several classes present this year, I think 5 years were invited, so it was quite a blast... I even got along great with my x wife and had a few laughs....  then one of the guys poked me...  HEY! Who is the HOT chick in the white pants?
   "What white pants?"
   "You can't tell me you didn't notice her! EVERYONE NOTICED HER!"
   "I don't know who you're talking about!"
   He pulled me over sideways and pointed. "You're full of crap! RIGHT THERE!"
  You guessed it...  "That's my sister you idiot! No wonder I didn't notice!"

Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 11:28:18 am »
great story perry!
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor