Beekeeping > Healing From The Hive

Propolis tincture/I'm impressed!

(1/4) > >>

rwlaw:
Put up a batch of tincture and been waiting for a chance to try it.
Four days ago I tore a big hunk of hide off one of my middle knuckles, the kind where you have to go thru a box of band aids to get the sucker to heal.
I soaked the pad of the band aid with the tincture and changed it for two days when nesc. Then I kept an eye on it yesterday without putting anything over it, it's like the propolis sealed the sucker up and it's looking good (well as good as can be expected lol), with no sign of infection.
Like I said I'm impressed, cause I work with eave trough metal and flashing a lot and get knuckle wounds all the time. Well worth the time to make it.

Jen:
Right On Rwlaw! I use propolis tincture for all kinds of stuff. And yah! that's part of the beauty of the tincture, that it seals over wounds. It also has more anti-bacterial capabilities than neo-sporin.

Where did you find your recipe?

rwlaw:
I had read 25/75 prop to alcohol, then I read your recipe. So I used a third ounce to two third ounce of a grain alcohol called Diesel which is 153 proof, which has a better taste IMO than Everclear, course I'm a snob when it comes to that. My buddy and I used to take his dad down to the Greyhound station to pick up his shipments of, umm, "medicinal treatment" from his good ole boys in West Virginia  ;D

Jen:
How big is the bottle you made it in? or ounces per say

blueblood:
I used olive oil with the last batch I made (have to look up the recipe).  My step-father had awesome results healing wounds on his arm that he was having problems with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version