Author Topic: Bee Bee tree seedlings and seeds for sale.  (Read 8832 times)

Offline John67x

Bee Bee tree seedlings and seeds for sale.
« on: August 31, 2014, 11:14:45 pm »
I have Bee Bee tree seedlings and seeds for sale. These trees provide an excellent source of nectar yielding bloom from July well into August. This late bloom is what makes these trees so valuable to both bees and and beekeepers. I have four mature trees and standing under them in August the hum from the bee activity is just tremendous. The seedlings are in small peat pots. These pots are designed to disintegrate so transplanting isn't necessary. They can be put as is into a larger pot or right in the ground. As availability and size will fluctuate, please contact me for current info on what I have through a PM here or John677x@yahoo.com.      .                                                                                                                   

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Re: Bee Bee tree seedlings and seeds for sale.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 04:18:57 pm »
I was just given a Tetradium daniellii seedling, and after I googled it, discovered it is a bee bee tree. One of the sites I checked on says it may be considered an "invasive" tree? After doing a search here I saw your post and have to admit I am pretty happy about having it now! ;D Lots of bees in those pics!  :) :yes: 8)
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 06:25:07 pm »
How fast do they grow and how old before they bloom, perry is pretty old, is it possible he could live to see it bloom. ??? Jack  :laugh:

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 07:56:11 pm »
How fast do they grow and how old before they bloom, perry is pretty old, is it possible he could live to see it bloom. ??? Jack  :laugh:

They can grow quite large, but (wait a minute, just putting another check mark on the wall) not particularily fast!  ;D
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 08:35:10 pm »
I have one that bloomed the third year at 4 feet tall. I have another that is 7 years old, 16 feet tall, and still hasn't bloomed. If it blooms the first 50 years, Perry will be here. Cryonics last for eons.   :laugh:
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline ShepherdsWatchFarm

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 02:49:04 pm »
I got mine as 6" seedlings in the Summer of 2011 and now they are at least 20' tall and bloomed this year. I collected thousands of seeds.
My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my beekeeping stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 05:13:22 pm »
I'm glad to hear this, I was hoping to see some benefit before I'm pushing up plants myself! ;D :D
Forum Supporter