Author Topic: Propolis tincture  (Read 26102 times)

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: Propolis tincture
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 03:06:04 pm »
Keeper- ""Not propolis!!! Propolis tincture, then foot powder so it's not sticky.  You didn't think of it because you're not a guy lol""

Ya ya! Oops! I know..  propolis tincture, I forgot to put the 'tincture' word in there.

Can't comment on foot powder, don't know what it smells like....

There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 08:49:45 pm »
Hmm! Okay. I did put some propolis tincture on my underarms today, we'll see how long I can go before smelling like a guy  :D

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2014, 01:20:41 pm »
LOL!! And of course pictures!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 02:21:55 pm »
Pretty sure I would get kicked off the forum  :o

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 03:55:50 pm »
Keeper - Results for the twenty four hour test for propolis tincture deoderant are now available~

Just did a sniff test. It appears that the propolis tincture application to underarms is odor free for twenty four hours. As well as no propolis stickiness to worry about. Just a drop or two in the fingertip applied to the underarms is all that is neccessary.

Now as far as perspiration.. I don't worry about that.. because we as animals are supposed to perspire. It's healthy

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2014, 09:53:10 pm »
Keeper - Results for the twenty four hour test for propolis tincture deoderant are now available~

Just did a sniff test. It appears that the propolis tincture application to underarms is odor free for twenty four hours. As well as no propolis stickiness to worry about. Just a drop or two in the fingertip applied to the underarms is all that is neccessary.

Now as far as perspiration.. I don't worry about that.. because we as animals are supposed to perspire. It's healthy

Jen!!!  Testing for perspiration in February is cheating!  Get back with us in July and August.  8)

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2014, 12:16:52 am »
Okay, I'll hold a promise to do another sniff test in July. That's when we are at about 105 degrees.

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2014, 03:24:26 am »
Jen, we need objective reporting.  Don't tell us if YOU were able to smell underarm odor.  Let's hear from those who had to stand in the bus or sit in the theater next to you.  ;D

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2014, 09:01:45 am »
"Okay, I'll hold a promise to do another sniff test in July. That's when we are at about 105 degrees."

Yep, if that stuff is still holding up in July, it is great stuff, but what about the rest of your body between now and then?   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2014, 02:09:20 pm »
Good One Ef  :D  let's see.. hmm.. how would I hold my womanly composure and raise my arm up to the person next to me on the bus? I suppose their sour face or no sour face would tell me.

But of course in our neck of the woods just standing in line at Walmart can make ya turn pretty green. Especially when the mountain folks come to town from Down River. Yeeeeah a sniff test wouldn't work on them. I'll stick with the bus  :D

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2014, 05:12:01 pm »
mountain folk...  you said this is made with everclear right??   So, if they lick your armpit your GOOD, if they dont it smells!!!

*Sponsor*

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2014, 06:27:50 pm »
OMG - YOU WIN!

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2014, 07:59:53 pm »
 :laugh:  I just laughed so hard I was crying...

*Sponsor*

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 10:56:26 am »
Okay, I'll hold a promise to do another sniff test in July. That's when we are at about 105 degrees.

Ok Jen, it's August.  How is the propolized arm pits doing now?

I couldn't let this rest.  It's too good.  ;)

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2014, 01:12:11 pm »
By Golly my propolis tincture is still at work! In the winter I can get it to last about 2 days. In the summer while working the hives And during my cut out this year when it was 105, No Odor Whatsoever! but I still perspired, wet arm pits... But I don't mind that, I think I've mentioned before that I believe it's natural to perspire, those glands need to do their job. If you supress those gland from doing their job, your looking at cancer. MHO  :) 8)  Thanks for checking in on that Baker  :) 8)

Also I might add, that I can get an eczema outbreak on my hands once in a great while. Felt the itchiness coming on early this morning, poured about 1/4 tsp of tincture into my palm and wiped hands thoroughly with the tincture. All Itchiness Gone!

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2014, 01:14:15 pm »
Is that tincture the one with Everclear and propolis?  Sister has a little of that on her hands.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2014, 02:38:01 pm »
Yep! It helps take down the itch and the little pesky bumps. After applying the prop to her hands they will feel a bit tacky because prop is very sticky stuff, but not sticky like glue, I'm able to do whatever I want to do thru the day with it on my hands, unlike if it was oil based ~

As well, if she wants to give prop tinc a try, it would be a good idea to put 1 or 2 drops in her morning drink. Getting the prop inside and outside in a nice medicine

Baker, I have some to share with you if you want to get her started on it. Or, you can make the recipe on Products Of The Hive, but it will take 2-3 weeks for it to be ready to use ~

If you want to make some on your own, be sure to crack the frozen prop down to cracked pepper size, it will steep and dissolve much sooner  ;) 8)

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2014, 06:19:55 pm »
Sweat glands you say Jen? ???, i'm over loaded with them. I've been picking sweet corn for the past two weeks and when i come to the house every stitch of clothing i have on is dripping with sweat,T- shirt,pants, underwear. socks, even dripping off the bill of my cap. Been this way all my life, don't think i would put tincture on my whole body though :D, unless it's a woman repellent, i get tired of them chasing me down at the feed store. 8) Jack :laugh:

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2014, 06:31:15 pm »
    Hi Jack!  LOL  Now see, if you're a healthy 'sweater', the kind that drips off of your body, not the kind you get for christmas... That's a good thing. Sweating is very healthy, it's the odor that most find offensive. Propolis kills the under arm odor.

Keep sweating baby! It's good for you! just keep your fluids in, water, gatorade, coconut water...  ;D

Jack- "Unless it's a woman repellent, i get tired of them chasing me down at the feed store. Jack"

MmHmm, Suuuure  ;) 

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2014, 11:37:09 am »
I came across some notes I took at a bee club meeting.  The presentation  included making a Propolis Healing Ointment.  I haven't tried this, but do plan to.
1 T. beeswax
4 T. mineral oil
1 T. propolis granules
1 T. honey
Combine all in a double boiler.  Heat until melted.  Stir until contents cools.

To make propolis granules:
1. Collect propolis in a disposable heat proof container.  Add enough water to cover.  Heat in oven at 200 degrees.  The wax will float and the propolis will stick to the bottom.  Stir often and maintain the heat for at least 2 hours.  Remove from oven and let cool.
2. Remove the waxy layer on the surface.  Pour off the water.  Save the colored mass beneath it.
3. Place the container in the freezer.  When brittle, chip the granules from the container.  Spread granules on a paper towel to dry.  Store in a sealed container.