Author Topic: Frame of eggs placed in nuc and full deep  (Read 2382 times)

Offline tbonekel

• Gold Member
Frame of eggs placed in nuc and full deep
« on: June 15, 2014, 05:14:41 pm »
Okay, I looked at the queen rearing calendar and see if I have this right. I placed a frame of eggs and brood in a nuc on June 9th. That nuc has now drawn out one cell and I can see a good sized larvae in the cup, but it is not capped yet.

I also placed another frame of brood and eggs from another hive in a full size deep on June 9th as well. That hive has capped a cup. Now, in both of these, the cup is in the middle of the frame, so everything seems to be going pretty well.

Now, if the calendar is correct, the queens should hatch anywhere from June 20-22. Does that sound right?

Also, I can check for laying eggs between July 8-11. By the book and if mating flights go well.

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Re: Frame of eggs placed in nuc and full deep
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 05:22:17 pm »
 :yes:
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: Frame of eggs placed in nuc and full deep
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 10:41:38 pm »
When you put the frame of eggs into the hive I always figure that as day 3 on the calender.
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.